i-589 asylum application pending since December 2015 - invalid receipt number

rshar

I am an i-589 asylum applicant pending since December 2015. whenever I try to check the status online they say my receipt number is invalid. The receipt number starts with the three letters ZCH. Anyone knows whats the matter?

thank you so much IN2US15. So you had the same issue? and I want to change my address on the i-589 application, do you know what the steps are?

Thanks so much!
Tow questions:
  1. the form does not have a receipt number! how would they know which application I am referring to (assuming that I have more than one pending USCIS application)
  2. Do you guys know whether changing state would affect my pending asylum application (delay, reject, restart...etc)?

Get this. When you change address, do it in both places. i.e USCIS and Local asylum office else you address will be messed up. Fill out AR11 and mail it to USCIS certified. Send another letter to Asylum office with your full name, dob, address, A no, email, old address, new address and keep subject as :Change of Address.

1) Address change is for all form since you no longer live in that old address. You don't need to specify the receipt number.

2)If you change state, it depends on which jurisdiction it falls under. If its a different jurisdiction, then you case will transfer which will definitely delay your case. In many cases, I have seen the clock being stopped due to error on USCIS which will prevent you from getting EAD after 150 days. So, make sure to call you new asylum office and confirm receipt of your case just in case your case is transferred.