I-551 Stamp

mvquiroz

Registered Users (C)
My mother's resident visa is being processed in Peru.
Will she get an I-551 stamp in her passport at the time of her interview, so that she can enter the US and travel back to Peru while I, her daughter, receives her green card in the US? Thanks so much. This is confusing.
She might need to enter the US and travel back after a week and then come back after around 3 months.
Thank you so much for your help.

I believe the immigrant visa is valid for 6 months. If it is inconvenient for her to come right after receiving the visa, she can come 3 months later, like it appears she wishes to do. It would make your and her life a lot less complicated for her not to immediately depart the US after first arriving here.

She can fly out even if she does not have the physical card. There should not be any re-entry problems for her either.

My mother's resident visa is being processed in Peru.
Will she get an I-551 stamp in her passport at the time of her interview, so that she can enter the US and travel back to Peru while I, her daughter, receives her green card in the US? Thanks so much. This is confusing.
She might need to enter the US and travel back after a week and then come back after around 3 months.
Thank you so much for your help.