I-485s approved

I have tried several times to just logon to site but I don't think we schedule an apptmt over there... I guess for Charlotte we'll just have to walk-in I guess. Any ideas folks who have already done stamping @ charlotte, NC

ritu_sanjay said:
1. Trying to get infopass at Charlotte ASC no luck yet. Any ideas.
2. Can we do infopass/passport stamping at Norfolk, VA even if we live in NC.
3. We applied for EAD2/AP2 & the checks cleared the bank today whereas our I-485 approvals came yesterday. Any experience or thoughts on getting the monies back from USCIS.

Try after 6PM EDT

labornc said:
I have tried several times to just logon to site but I don't think we schedule an apptmt over there... I guess for Charlotte we'll just have to walk-in I guess. Any ideas folks who have already done stamping @ charlotte, NC
Tried after 6PM & got both apts scheduled for 6/23/2005

Hi All
Some time back some one given a detailed sample letter for enquiring FBI namecheck.Has any body tried to fax to "Mr David Hardy ,Program Section (Name Check)" and got any response from him? Just thinking to fax .

To
Mr David Hardy,
Chief,
Program Section (Name Check)
Records Management Division,
Federal Bureau of Investigation,
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20535

Dear Sir,

My spouse and myself have filed an application for adjustment of status (I485) to that as of lawful permanent resident with the USCIS Texas Center on Jan 18, 2004. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Texas Service Center.
I am sending this letter kindly asking your office to please provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status.

Following are the details of our case:

.......**

victim_of_INS said:
Hi All
Some time back some one given a detailed sample letter for enquiring FBI namecheck.Has any body tried to fax to "Mr David Hardy ,Program Section (Name Check)" and got any response from him? Just thinking to fax .
.......**

Some sucessful ppl who shared that they did send, and got approval (btw always check that who is current incharge, )

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=170247&highlight=Mr+David+Hardy

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=168128&highlight=Mr+David+Hardy

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=152702&highlight=Mr+David+Hardy

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=151643&highlight=Mr+David+Hardy

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144826&highlight=Mr+David+Hardy

=--------------

Good Luck ...... Still Victim?? :D , don't be victim yarrrrrrrrrr. . be happy :D

labornc said:
is it normal to LUD's everyday after approval emails ?

May be they are sending Paper notice and ur case may be waiting for batch /bulk email which I believe they do once/twice week. and LUD may be result of that. untill paper notice is mailed out.

Be hopeful, everything would be fine. :D ,

Good Luck

Ah!! thanks... keep up your good humorous art work :)

PrinceofJungle said:
May be they are sending Paper notice and ur case may be waiting for batch /bulk email which I believe they do once/twice week. and LUD may be result of that. untill paper notice is mailed out.

Be hopeful, everything would be fine. :D ,

Good Luck

Thanks,

correction in post,

' batch /bulk email ' shoud be read 'batch /bulk mail '

I believe they hold cases then system mail them in batch after verify, they may have some internal verify process performed by human/auto. or LUD may be changing untill day when actual mail process is occured. who knows???? we all guess :D

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Got approval nptices on 6/11/2005

labornc said:
ritu_sanjay, please post when you get your approval notice or cards ?

Passport Stamping Scheduled on 6/23/2005 at Charlotte ASC. We had done Code 1 FP so will get our cards only after I-551 stamping is done.

Cool!! thanks for the update...

ritu_sanjay said:
Passport Stamping Scheduled on 6/23/2005 at Charlotte ASC. We had done Code 1 FP so will get our cards only after I-551 stamping is done.

Hi laobornc

labornc said:
Cool!! thanks for the update...

Hey labornc,

I think you can now change your name to GCNC....:)

I am still waiting and regretting that I did not do FP on the same day you did....! Pl. see my signature for details....! Would sending an email to FBI for Name check staus help ?

Regards,

Hey man!!
Don't worry, at this time I can say it's just luck looking TSC's approving trend, you should also get it soon.. I was thinking of sending email to FBI probably in next couple of months if I had not received anything...

soham13 said:
Hey labornc,

I think you can now change your name to GCNC....:)

I am still waiting and regretting that I did not do FP on the same day you did....! Pl. see my signature for details....! Would sending an email to FBI for Name check staus help ?

Regards,

PP Stamping Experience at Charlotte DHS Office

In/Out in 15 minutes. Everything was smooth. Glad it is over.

Key Points:
1. Keep everything ready AP/EADs/Approval Notice/Passport/I-94s/2 Photos with name/A# written on back with pencil.
2.Make copies for your file of all docs as they take away all originals & you get a I-551 stamp on passport valid for a year.
3. You present appointment at reception who gives you a number token for your case. Your number is called & you go to a window. One person per slip/window/officer. Make you sign/right hand index finger manual print on a form (2 times on both sides). Make you wait 5 minutes then stamp your passport & you are done.
3. Physical Card to come in 3-8 weeks.
4. DHS location different in Charlotte as compared to ASC, so make sure you have good directions & the right address (which shud be on your appointment page).
5. No cellphones (need to be off)/Food/Drink inside.
6. No walk-ins. Only go with infopass appointment.

That's about it.

Ritu-sanjay
Thanks for th indepth description of pp stamping experience. I already copied everything down.
I just hope to be able to use it any time soon!!!!

labornc, some times it is indeed luck. If I was as lucky as you to get my labor approved a few months LATER, like you, then when my concurrent file was opened I too would have been out of retrogression. Unfortunately due to retrogression only my 140 got approved now my485 processing will go by the May 03 date! That is life:)
Hopefully by October the existing backlog will have been cleared.

labornc said:
Hey man!!
Don't worry, at this time I can say it's just luck looking TSC's approving trend, you should also get it soon.. I was thinking of sending email to FBI probably in next couple of months if I had not received anything...

All the best for your approval

mvusa said:
Ritu-sanjay
Thanks for th indepth description of pp stamping experience. I already copied everything down.
I just hope to be able to use it any time soon!!!!