I-485 without I-485a

malakai1104

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if i can mail in forms I-485, I-765, I-693, and then mail in I-485A at a later time, Or do I have to mail all the files at once. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I'm an 245i beneficiary, and since i don't have the money now for the i-485a form. I wanted to know if i can send my application in, so that my i-485 will be waiting in line, before the line gets longer, meanwhile i can save up the cash for the companying i-485a.

malakai1104 said:
Yeah, I'm an 245i beneficiary, and since i don't have the money now for the i-485a form. I wanted to know if i can send my application in, so that my i-485 will be waiting in line, before the line gets longer, meanwhile i can save up the cash for the companying i-485a.

Well, you can certainly try. If USCIS determines you are not eligible for an I-485 without claiming 245i relief, they may either issue you an NOID and ask you to file the I-485A, or they may reject the I-485 altogether.

How long will it take you to save the extra $1000?

To avoid rejection I'd do my best to send all the forms together if I were you.... What is your priority date? It was hard, but I used every penny I had saved together. It's cost me alot, but it's worth it. Right now I'm just waiting for the AOS interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PD became current in the last bulletin FB1, i can always wait until next month when i'll get the money, it's just that i've been waiting for the pass 6 years with the cash, before a family situation. It just feel so harsh... to finally have my PD current and then now having to wait because, i have no cash.

Apparently you can file separately . I just don't know you will explain it since there is nothing on the regular I485 to check. Somehow they will need to know you are a beneficiary of 245i or your application may be denied.

This is from the USCIS website .
Supplement A to Form I-485

Purpose of Form :
To provide supplemental information to USCIS on persons seeking to adjust status under the provisions of section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Number of Pages :
Edition Date :
10/26/05. Prior versions acceptable.
Where to File :

File this form along with your Form I-485.
Filing Fee :
$1,000.00
Special Instructions :
Note on Filing Fee:

$1,000.00 in addition to the fee required with your Form I-485. If you have filed Form I-485 separately, attach a copy of your filing receipt and pay the additional fee of $1,000.00.

malakai1104 said:
My PD became current in the last bulletin FB1, i can always wait until next month when i'll get the money, it's just that i've been waiting for the pass 6 years with the cash, before a family situation. It just feel so harsh... to finally have my PD current and then now having to wait because, i have no cash.

If it's only a month, then I would certainly wait and file everything together. In the worst case, if your PD retrogresses in the following month (which is unlikely) then you have about 15-20 days' warning and in a worst case you can file the I-485 without the I-485A and the $1,000 penalty.

Thank you all!! your right TheRealCanadian, I'll just wait...and see what happens. There's nothing more powerful than an idea who's time has come.

When I can file I485

Hi Real Canadina

When i can file I485
PD Nov 04
LC Approved July 06
I 140 Approved Set 06
EB 3
Job School Teacher
Country of birth Canada
Or Can you tell me how I can get Work authorised for My spouse

Manubilga said:
When i can file I485

You really should learn how to create a new topic.

In answer to your question, whenever the EB3 date for "Rest of the World" becomes "Current" or a date after November 2004. In other words - a while.