I -485 transferred to ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE

novice72

Registered Users (C)
I applied my I -485/Ap/EAD ND july 16 2003 at NEbraska( NSC ). There was RFE on my I -140 and replied in Dec -03 and approved on May 05 -2004
EAD 05/12/2003
AP 05/17/2003
1st FP 05/07/2003 at Newark NJ
I did not changed my job or change my address.
I do not have any traffic violations, bad credit and did not violated any Law and always in status.
I don't know what trigger this change.

I applied fot FOIA and got a message and the posting is in this thread.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...94&page=3&pp=15

My live in middlex county NJ. Does it mean they transferred to Newark office?.
I could not find any ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE?
After looking at the threads I can't find anybody with this kind of message :confused:

In how many months I can expect interview?
What docs I need to carry

Myself and my wife got the online msg.
Gurus and people who case is already transferred. Pls give your inputs

Online message is
On July 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE for processing. Our office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Thanks in Adv.
novice72

I believe that the ADMIN APPEALS office is in Washington D.C., they normally transfer cases there that they cannot make a decision on or either your case was rejected and you appealed to have it reopened. My guess is that the online status is wrong, since you haven't committed any crimes, is this your first time applying for adjustment, did your have an interview yet or was a decision made on your case before? Maybe INS is doing something new. You shouldn't be worried, but talk to your lawyer just in case.

Here is some info on administrative appeals
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/RepealDenial.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks J4Life95,
This is the first time Iam applying for GC i.e I - 485. Recently I got my EAD and AP and FP was done in May. I never got any Intent to denial or Denial letter from INS.I will check with my lawyer.
Can I expect a notice of local transfer in a few days?
My online status did not changed after FP.

Are there any cases till date transferred to ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE like my case.

When my case was transferred I was never notified by mail after a few months it was transferred then I checked the online status and then it changed from local office, to New York, NY.Once your case has been transferred to a local office you will have to wait until they schedule you for an interview. Check your local office processing time for I485 processing. I know in New York it can go from around a few months to even 2 years, depending on INS they are known not to be orderly in scheduling interviews. Some people are still waiting for an interview whose cases got transferred a few years now while some who's cases got transferred a few months already had their interviews. It took me about 11 months to get an interview after my case was transferred. Hope you don't have to wait that long. Since this is your first EAD you will mostly likely have to renew it about 2 times, my advise to you is that you renew it at least 4 months before it expires to be on the safe side. I was never told this and when my expired I had to quit my old job.

Good Luck

thx for your inputs J4life. I got the online message. Can I expect a regular mail about my case transfer?
In Newark the dates for I -485 are Oct 08 2003. I checked a few threads most of them got interviews in about 2 - 4 months and I -485 ND was about 2 - 3 years behind the transfer date. I may one of the lucky or unlucky guy.

Only scary thing is ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE in the message. Hope the message is wrong.

Thx
Novice72

It really depends on the office, most of the time they don't send you a letter in the mail, but some people do get one I didn't get one, I already had my interview and waiting for a decision on my case. I had my interview at Garden City, NY and my online status still says transferred to local office in New York, NY to schedule interview. No prob hope you get your interview soon.

Hi J4life95,
U mean u did not get a regular mail saying that your case is transferred to Garden city NY. But after few months U got a regular mail for Interview. I filed my I -485 in Nebraska. BTW from which center you case has been transferred?.
Thx Novice72

No I didn't get anything, I only received the interview letter telling me that my interview is at Garden City, NY. I case was transferred from Vermont Service Center, to federal plaza, and then to Garden City, NY.

FIngerprinting?interview

My application was just transferred from Vermont to Newark, NJ.
When I get an appointment letter for interview, will I also get get an appointment for fingerprinting BEFORE the interview?
Any experiences on the Newark office?

Thanks

novice72 said:
thx for your inputs J4life. I got the online message. Can I expect a regular mail about my case transfer?
In Newark the dates for I -485 are Oct 08 2003. I checked a few threads most of them got interviews in about 2 - 4 months and I -485 ND was about 2 - 3 years behind the transfer date. I may one of the lucky or unlucky guy.

Only scary thing is ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE in the message.

Hope the message is wrong.
---- I think same but why cant your lawyer write a letter to USCIS ask why the case status is showing ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE , he can ask if it was transfred to local office
Or go to your representative/congressman or senator office and ask for the update and inform the problem in writing
Thx
Novice72

Thx ginnu
I already send a mail to my lawyer waiting for the reply. If that does't work I will contact the local congressman/senator.
keep you guys updated

Novice72

On saturday I got a notice from INS Nebraska.

The notice says:

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing

BCIS, AAO, 20 Mass, Room 3042, 425 "I" Street NW, Washington DC 20536

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Have anyone heard about cases are transferred to AAO. Is it INS doing something new? I can't find the procesessing time frame for AAO I -485. it says Cuban I -485 and I -485 Life cases.
Ginnu and other Gurus pls give your inputs

Thx in advance

novice72 said:
On saturday I got a notice from INS Nebraska.

The notice says:

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing

BCIS, AAO, 20 Mass, Room 3042, 425 "I" Street NW, Washington DC 20536

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Have anyone heard about cases are transferred to AAO. Is it INS doing something new? I can't find the procesessing time frame for AAO I -485. it says Cuban I -485 and I -485 Life cases.
Ginnu and other Gurus pls give your inputs
----It is New to me, your lawyer should check with DC.

***do you have copy of I-485 petition? if not lawyer may be having it, check if the lawyer office has not ticked a wrong box that you are from Cuba.
I have seen this kind of mistake done by lawyer, but it was corrected/ pointed out to lawyer by applicant before filing I-485
Thx in advance

Sent out a letter to NSC

My lawyer made few calls to the customer service center to enquire about my case transfer. Those people are clueless. Finally my lawyer mailed a letter to Nebraska service center requesting the reason for transferring my case to AAO Washington.
Ginnu and other gurus any idea will they respond to the letter if so in how many weeks or months or years. :D

Thanks,
Novice72

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the local office for washington dc was located in arlington va, right now they are in teh process of moving a new adrss, maybe thats why you got transfered to the AAO office in wash dc, ist estimated that the new office will not operate until end of september 2004

Thanks for the reply Perico. But I live in NJ. How can they transfer my case to Arlington VA if U assumption is correct? Did U know anybody's case transferred to a different location than they Home State.

Thanks,
novice72