I-485 Tracker

Hi guys,
Should my residence start date be backdated by a year on my GC ? I am a little bit puzzled here , the section "residence since" is the same as my GC approval date. How can I get this corrected?

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

You are correct. Your card start date should be backdated by a year if your LPR is based on asylum.

This is USCIS administrative error. You should apply for a replacement card with an explanation. The adjudicator who issued the approval might be new and doesn't know the procedure/SOP's

You have to be careful because a replacement request might re-open the case again depending on the circumstances and the case.

Hi Friends,
Need advice,my 485 application is under process, last night i got a speeding ticket which doesnt have any points simply the officer asked to pay fine is this speeding ticket will effect my GC process?

4 month s- still waiting

Its been 4 months + 3 days since I-485 was accepted at TSC and is still on INITIAL REVIEW, with only one LUD: JAn 23. Why is taking so long? Should I call them?

TSC is slow.. look at their processing time for I-485 asylum based.. they are still processing end of Oct petitions..

I am still wondering how some people get their GC in 1 or 2 months.. Anyone here who gets their GC faster than the 4 month normal processing times, please let me know where your GC petitions are processed at? I believe those guys get it from NSC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Call them, doesn't hurt to call and ask

Mine is also over 4 months at Nebraska service center (Last LUD was the date they received my I-485) . I submitted a service request and the response was "your case is in process, call us back if you don't receive a decision within 6 months"

Their response is like "shut up and wait or go home"

Also my RTD has been pending for over 4 months.

USCIS knows very well how to torture people mentally. We escaped from a physical persecution in COP to try a mental persecution in the US.

The processing time that they post on their website is a big lie. I don't even bother to look at the processing time.

Damn man. Why the hell is everyone being so impatient these days? My application was delivered on the 8th. And yes, nothing on my case either. No e-notification "nonsense", check cashing or anything.

Man talk about impatience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine took 6 long yrs in earlier days. I applied 2000 & finally received GC in hand end of 2006. You all are really fortunate that your wait time is not nearly close to those earlier years when it used to take ages for USCIS to process asylum based I-485.
Good luck all.
Atique.

Mine took 6 long yrs in earlier days. I applied 2000 & finally received GC in hand end of 2006. You all are really fortunate that your wait time is not nearly close to those earlier years when it used to take ages for USCIS to process asylum based I-485.
Good luck all.
Atique.

Yours took 6 years because there was a visa limit for asylees before 2005. Class action law suit was filed and USCIS lost the case. As a result, the visa limit was removed and the judge ordered them to process the cases within a reasonable time. That is why they try to make it 4 months processing time.

it's not about being impatience, it's about expecting to get things done on time and wanting an equal treatment. back then only 10,000 asylee could get green card and it was an expectation to wait for 8 plus years to get a green card, and you guys knew it what you were getting into. Now a days most people get their green cards within 2 to 3 months so when it's around 5 months it starts to worry us and i think any reasonable person would do the same. not to underestimate your struggle but we have a reason to be anxious. thanks for the good luck :)

it's not about being impatience, it's about expecting to get things done on time and wanting an equal treatment. back then only 10,000 asylee could get green card and it was an expectation to wait for 8 plus years to get a green card, and you guys knew it what you were getting into. Now a days most people get their green cards within 2 to 3 months so when it's around 5 months it starts to worry us and i think any reasonable person would do the same. not to underestimate your struggle but we have a reason to be anxious. thanks for the good luck :)

I totally agree with you. We do want an equal treatment. It is not fair when some people get approved within 1-2 months and other people have to wait beyond the processing time. We are all eligible for the same benefit and we have done nothing wrong. We have no criminal records. We work and we pay taxes and we paid the fees for the I-485. It is not fair when they pick and choose what application they want to process. It should be based on first in first out. I am wondering if enough people can file a class action law suit based on a discrimination.

Class action law suit is the only solution that can help future applicants. Remember that we all benefited from the class action law suit when they removed the cap (visa limits 10,000). We should thank those people who had the gut to sue USCIS.

Once again, all I am asking is equal treatment.

Be patient

I received my GC last Friday 05/2011.

Submitted I-485 late Sept 2010.
GC is back-dated "5/2010"
Asylum was granted in Aug 2009.
Be patient,... I was also frustrated by the long delay of TSC.

Friends,

Is any waiting for Fp notice after filling i-485 application? i have been waiting for since 1 month and went Uscis raised Service ticket how will i know what is the status of my case? it been more then month,

I already told you what to do but it seems that you don't like what I told you.

Let me say it again. Go talk to an infopass officer. He/she has read-only access to CLAIMS3 system. This is is the system that automatically schedules the biometrics appointments based on the availability of your local ASC.

The infopass officer should be able to tell you what is going on.

If you already submitted a service request through the customer service, then you have to wait for Nebraska staff to respond.

Friends,

Is any waiting for Fp notice after filling i-485 application? i have been waiting for since 1 month and went Uscis raised Service ticket how will i know what is the status of my case? it been more then month,

will be 6 months on the 27th of this month, nsc, made a service request a week ago, no response...

cortaidus,
Did you receive a response to your service request? What was their response? Did they approve your GC?

Mine is still pending. I don't understand how USCIS works. Some people get approved in 2 months and some people get approved in years.