I-485 Stamped BUT WIFE PENDING! very worried!

robertoff

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I receive the emails with my I-485 and I-140 aproving on July 19, 7 days later the original letter, and yesterday I finally stamped my passport. I should receive my green card in about two weeks I hope.

BUT my wife hasn't receive the email nottification yet and her I-485 application was checked the same day as mine (July 19).

I know that they are differente applications and ussually differ on time between them but its been 2 weeks and I am starting to worry. I understand that since I am the primary, once I am approved then she should be too right?

Thanks in advance for any help

Roberto Fernandez

robertoff said:
I know that they are differente applications and ussually differ on time between them but its been 2 weeks and I am starting to worry. I understand that since I am the primary, once I am approved then she should be too right?

Of course.

robertoff said:

Unless she has criminal history, history of immigration violation or she was a member of certain "unacceptable organization" that can bar her from getting GC. Otherwise, she is all set to get her GC.

pralay said:
Unless she has criminal history, history of immigration violation or she was a member of certain "unacceptable organization" that can bar her from getting GC. Otherwise, she is all set to get her GC.

But how long does it take to receive her approval?

PaulK said:
Hang in there

My I 485 was aproved on Feb 28.My wife's still pending

Jesus Paul, and why is that? it is normal? is there any way to call o know what's happening or how can it be accelerated?

thanks

We are probably one of the worst NSC screw up ever.

First of all,my I-485 ND is Dec 5,2002.I got my I-485 aproved Feb,28 2005.
I tried calling INS a few times but the processing date was stuck on november 2002 so of course nobody wanted to make an inquiry.
So finally after the processing date passed my wife ND I go a hold of a immigration officer.He said "WAIT,The application is with an officer".That was back in May.I sent a letter to the Director of NSC,I also sent one to Senator Dick Durbin.We received a responce from both of them ,same message- the case is with an officer.
We went to Mexico last month and on our way back we got pulled over for immigration check(it was the same day when the bombings in London took place)
So we were able to meet a real IO.I insidted on talking with the manager.He had access to their whole datebase,so he was kind enough to look up my wife's case.

He said that the case was picked up for review back in 2004,but since my wife is dependant they put a hold on it till my case gets adjudicated.
After aproving my case a year later they didn't take the hold off the case.
So the Senator inquiry lifted the hold,I guess.

Anyway - on top of it the EB3 numbers are finished(even though my wife have a priority date much earlier than some people that got their aproval).
I still haven't received my physical green card.PAssport was stamped in March i Chicago.

NSC sucks and nobody could help it.Not the Director of NSC,not the senator - nobody.
I just waved the white flag and try to forget about the whole mess.
It is taking over 4 years now and I don't see the end of it.

I'm really considering of NOT geting American Citizenship

PaulK said:
We are probably one of the worst NSC screw up ever.

First of all,my I-485 ND is Dec 5,2002.I got my I-485 aproved Feb,28 2005.
I tried calling INS a few times but the processing date was stuck on november 2002 so of course nobody wanted to make an inquiry.
So finally after the processing date passed my wife ND I go a hold of a immigration officer.He said "WAIT,The application is with an officer".That was back in May.I sent a letter to the Director of NSC,I also sent one to Senator Dick Durbin.We received a responce from both of them ,same message- the case is with an officer.
We went to Mexico last month and on our way back we got pulled over for immigration check(it was the same day when the bombings in London took place)
So we were able to meet a real IO.I insidted on talking with the manager.He had access to their whole datebase,so he was kind enough to look up my wife's case.

He said that the case was picked up for review back in 2004,but since my wife is dependant they put a hold on it till my case gets adjudicated.
After aproving my case a year later they didn't take the hold off the case.
So the Senator inquiry lifted the hold,I guess.

Anyway - on top of it the EB3 numbers are finished(even though my wife have a priority date much earlier than some people that got their aproval).
I still haven't received my physical green card.PAssport was stamped in March i Chicago.

NSC sucks and nobody could help it.Not the Director of NSC,not the senator - nobody.
I just waved the white flag and try to forget about the whole mess.
It is taking over 4 years now and I don't see the end of it.

I'm really considering of NOT geting American Citizenship

Thanks for sharing your expierence!