I-485 RFE for amended I-140 AVM updated..

No Title

Ravi0598, why is it taking this long for you? Have u talked to an IIO about your case?

No Title

Or maybe that they are processing the RFE\'s for amended I-140 because of the June 20, 2001 AC21 guidance.

Are all recent reply to RFE receipts (AVM updated) for RFE (I-140)??

No Title

Neo,

My PD became current on May 1st and they issued RFE on May 3rd for W2s and paystubs. Now I am waiting AVM to update my RFE.

Ravi

No Title

Neo, Ravi & Carter please reply.

The division of my company (A) is going to be acquired by company B. I have filed for 485 a month ago. No RD & ND yet!!! The new company is filing my new H1B.

Now, I have two ways to go...

1. With new company B, file an amended I-140.

2. Do nothing. If only asked (through RFE) then provide them with amended I-140.

It is likely that option 2 can be taken with a chance. Option 1 may mis fire the case casuing delay.

Please let me know the best option.

No Title

Since the merger occurred after filing of I-485, I say choose Option 2. There\'s a good chance that the INS would not find out.

I\'m just concerned that Option 1 might alert INS to the merger.

No Title

Thanks Neo for the prompt response.
I will take a chance of option 2. My lawyer should agrre to this. Sometimes they take company wide decision without looking at each case.
But at this point, I am assuming that if I get RFE, I-140 amendment and approval should not delay the case by more than 3 months. Also, I do not have to re do I-485 if I get RFE?

Sorry for the stupid questions.. But I am not taking any chances when it comes to GC processing.

No Title

longGC, you do not have to redo I-485 if u get RFE. that\'s right.

and about the delay, MOST PROBABLY it will not be more than 3 months. But there are people who have been waiting for 3 months already.

As I\'ve said, you have a very good chance that you won\'t get an RFE. Don\'t worry too much about it.

No Title

Neo & Carter,
I found this posting under I-485 Title ..Never heard of this. Any idea what it is..
---------------

Layoff before 180 days ----- Interesting News
NewUser1 - 07:16pm Jun 22, 2001 EST

This looks interesting.
Got it from www.imminfo.com

Topic: Layoff (1 of 2), Read 6 times
Conf: General Issues
Date: Friday, June 22, 2001 02:28 PM

If after applying for 485, if someone is laid off what the options.. How long can one stay in good status. Is the 10 day period true??

rdgs
----------------------------------
Conf: General Issues
Date: Friday, June 22, 2001 03:47 PM

There is no ten day period for anything having to do with adjustment of status. As a practical matter, I don\'t think that you have too much to worry about. Once granted, an EAD remains valid until it expires or is explicitly revoked by the INS. The EAD will allow you to get a new job. Unless the INS sends you an RFE within the first 76 days after filing, the layoff will not be a problem. You are allowed 84 days to respond to an RFE. If you are beyond 180 days when you respond, there is nothing the INS can do.

Ron Gotcher
--------------------

No Title

First time I heard of it. Better ask your lawyers about it.

Ron Gotcher seems to be reputable. But ask for 2nd opinions from your lawyers.

No Title

The best guesstimate I read on this forum is for 485 approval in 3 weeks (after AVM update). But with the current backlog, I would not expect my 485 to be approved in 3 weeks.

No Title

Yeah, I agree with Ron Gotcher. I saw similiar article in other immigration websites. But like Neo said, check with the lawyer again would be a good idea.

BTW, Anyone received the receipt of I-485 filed in early May or so.
Mine have no tiny little piece of CXXP yet. Got any idea of time window that receive receipt from CSC? 8 weeks or 12 weeks ?
Mine takes 7 weeks already.

No Title

rk0005 (who had an RFE for I-140) has his/her case approved last week. Anybody else with approvals or updates, please post details.

(For rk0005\'s details, go to:
Neo "RFE approved" 6/29/01 10:08pm)

Thanks in advance.

No Title

My lawyer just told me that my 485 AVM is saying they have received my reply to RFE because they sent the I-140 application as a response to the RFE. My 485 AVM was updated on June 20, 2001. Looks like I have a long wait for my 140 approval. :(