I-485 RFE for amended I-140 AVM updated..

Neo

Registered Users (C)
I had a RFE on April 7, 2001 for amended I-140. My lawyer sent back a reply on April 25, 2001.

The AVM was just updated today.

It\'s now saying: "On June 20th 2001, we received your response to our RFE or information, it is taking 975 and 999 to process this kind of case..."

What does this mean? Does it mean I\'m close to approval?

No Title

Hey Neo, Congrats!! You are one more step closer to freedom!!

I hope they update other RFEs also soon!! Good luck!

No Title

Thanks Ravi0598.

But how close am I? Anybody posted here that had the same AVM message and got approved later? How long did it take them from AVM change to approval?

No Title

Actually I am on same boat.
My attorney sent my RFE for I-140 amendment at April 9th, AVM says
they received it at May 9th and it will takes 30 and 60 days.
I hope it really take 30 ~ 60 days to approve my new I-140.
After that I have to wait for final I-485 approval(I saw it usually
take 10 days but I am afraid this could happen to me because I
was always unlucky side)
THanks this could help.

No Title

My message said it will take 975-999 days. I entered my 485 WAC# and it said "On June 20th 2001, we received your response..."

jkwon, did u get a new 140 WAC#? Or did u just use your old 485 WAC# to check?

No Title

I only checked with new I-140 WAC# because my I-485 has EAC(VSC)#
,so I cannot check with I-485 WAC#. Check with your I-140 WAC#
your attorney should have it.(It took me/my attorney 6 days to get I-140 receipt the date I heard in AVM.)

No Title

I just checked AVM, it states INS received my RFE, sent on May 9th but the recording states received on June 20th
and it will take 975-999 days to process

Thanks

No Title

we have exactly the same message! what was your RFE for, mthassim?

if it\'s for amended I-140, did u file it after you got an RFE for it?

No Title

Guys.. don\'t be too optimistic. Here are my case details:

Got I-140 RFE on Jan18th
Replied to RFE on Feb23rd with an amended I-140
AVM updated on March 8th saying "received reply for RFE, it is taking 965-999 days....."
I got in the mail new WAC# for amended I-140 on March -13th,
When I checked the AVM for amended I-140, it is still saying it will take "60-90 days", it is
past 90 days and nothing happened.

Good luck and keep waiting.

No Title

BUT THE NEW INS MEMO WAS RELEASED !!!!
AND IT COVERS EVERYBODY WAITING FOR THEIR APPROVAL AFTER
THEY SEND AMENDED I-140.
I THINK WE WILL BE O.K AND GOD BLESS US !!!

No Title

Mine sent on April 20th, received by INS on April 23rd. AVM updated on June 4th saying they received my RFE. Now it\'s saying the regular message that it take between 975 to 999 days to adjust this application, who ever wrote the INS software has defined the number to 3 digists other wise we will be hearing more than 999 days.

No Title

chennu, when did your message changed to saying "975-999 days"? What was it saying before?

No Title

Neo and other guys waiting for amended I-140, here is my inputs based on my own experience as well as others:

Mine case got a RFE for amended I-140 due to company name change, RFE sent on 1/29, we replyed RFE on 2/16, got a new WAC # for I-140, AVM claim that application for this I-140 was received on 3/13. AVM updated on I-485 case claiming receipt of RFE on 3/8, but this AVM wasn\'t updated until May.

At one time, it says only take 0 days for RFE and then the message changed back to 975-999 days after one or two days. As to I-140, it says 30-60 days.

Here is my conclusion from my observation:

1. AVM update is totally depending on luck. Somebody here the updates very quickly, somebody, like myself, waited more than 3 months to here the updates. But even if you don\'t here the updates, doesn\'t mean your case is not received. But you should make sure to check with INS before your \'reply deadline\' pass (Which I believe is 80 days from your RFE date) that they do get your reply, or else your I-485 case will be cancelled.

2. There is no such a thing as Amended I-140, it\'s basically a new I-140 and we have to wait in the pipeline unitl that case is approved. I saw on this forum that 2 guys who were in the same boat got their RFE approved only after their amended I-140 was approved. How long do we have to wait? Check the CSC JIT report, there\'s a different processing date for EB2 and EB3 and EB1, if you are a EB3, you are luckier, as the current processing date is 3/30. If you are EB2, the current processing date is only 2/21!!! Mine is EB2 so I am patiently waiting for my call...

3. After your amended I-140 is approved, the approval will automatically go to the agent who\'s handling your case.(yes if you get an RFE your case go to the RFE pools and is separated from the other pending I-485 cases). But to be safe and to expedite your case you should send a copy of the approval notice to where you filed your RFE reply, and then pray, hopefully, they will look at your case soon and approve it.

4. Current 180 day switch employer law only applies to people who changed employers, it doesn\'t say anthing about merge/company name change, I don\'t know if the INS have even thought about giving any guidance on our situation. Anyway, if they do, I believe it will be very slow. The current 180 day rule has a lot of ambiguity and conflict with the base of labor related immigration - which is the intention from both you and your employer that you are going to work for the company parmanantly!!! If you change job, how do you prove that your intention is to work for the company parmanantly?? I don\'t see how, unless the root of this immigration is changed and they don\'t require this kind of intention to get GC. Anyway, this is a gray area and I will be very careful when jump ship, we have already waited so long and be so close, why can\'t we wait things to be more clear to make decisions?

Good luck to every one that has got RFE!

Smile :0)

No Title

Thanks Smile!

Is it true that I-140 applications in response to 485 RFEs are expedited?

Once, the 2nd I-140 is approved, how long is the wait till 485 approval?

Let\'s try not to keep our hopes too high then. Looks like we have to wait for I-140 approval.

No Title

Neo,

There was a guy named bacard151, he was among the first several guys showed up in this room that got an RFE on amended 140 back in Jan. You can go back search his posts. I believe he got the amended I-140 2-3 months also after he applied, and after a short while, I believe 2-3 weeks, his 485 case got approved.(If i remember correctly, he had his lawyer sent the copy of approval notice to the RFE place, but almost in the mean time, he heard his 485 approval over AVM). There\'s one or two cases similar to that too.

So I guess depending on luck, our 485 cases could be approved very soon (within one month) after the I-140 approval, but I also no some guy\'s been waiting for a long time(after 140 approval).

As I said before, amended I-140 cases are not expedited, unless, according to my lawyer, that when you submit your amended 140 application, your priority date at that time for some reason is not current, normally, INS won\'t process your 140 case if your PD is not current, but I-140 in response to RFE is an exception, that\'s what they mean by "expedite". However, we won\'t have this situation anymore because or EB categories are current now.

So stay cool. Maybe we\'ll get good luck, since the 180 day rules are coming out, maybe they will go ahead give us approval on 485 without amended I-140?? I\'ll pray...

Smile :0)

No Title

Thanks Smile. I think your arguments are fairly accurate.

I will search for bacard151\'s postings.

No Title

Hello RFE waiters,

Even for me the AVM is updated, I got RFE on April 25th 2001 for Amended I-140, replied on 1st May and the AVM says "Reply received on June 20th 2001, It should take 990-999 days for approval...However since the preliminary processing is done, it should take 999 days for approval",

GoodLuck to all of us....

No Title

LOTS OF RFE RECEIPTS ON JUNE 19-20, 2001

It seems a lot of RFE receipts were issued on June 19-20, 2001. I hope this is related to the AC21 180-day guidelines released on June 20.

If it\'s related, I hope that they will waive all the RFEs for those of who waited for more than 180 days and approve them all immediately.

Btw, are all of us waiting for more than 180 days? I\'ve been waiting since 10/27/2000 for my 485 approval.