I - 485 RFE - Birth Certificate

indusacan

Registered Users (C)
Can you please help me with this?...I have already submitted the affidavit copy and now they want it from Registrar office. Has any one got it from registrar office in India? if so, how difficult it is and what is the procedure?

"A photocopy of a birth certificate issued by the Local Registrar if the person named above was born in a city, or

A photocopy of a birth certificate issued by the Additional District Registrar’s office if the person named above was born in a village.

If a birth certificate does not list the names of both mother and father, or the child, secondary evidence must be submitted to establish parentage. Secondary evidence includes, but is not limited to , copies of: medical records, school records, census records, government-issues identity cards, religious records and/or affidavits from at least TWO persons alive at the time of birth. The oldest available evidence that lists the names of both parents should be submitted."

Thank you!

An official letter from the registrar of birth is required affirming that a birth record is not available. This letter should be accompanied by two affidavits from close relatives who were present at/aware of the birth.

What did you submit with your I-485 application?

Can you please help me with this?...I have already submitted the affidavit copy and now they want it from Registrar office. Has any one got it from registrar office in India? if so, how difficult it is and what is the procedure?

"A photocopy of a birth certificate issued by the Local Registrar if the person named above was born in a city, or

A photocopy of a birth certificate issued by the Additional District Registrar’s office if the person named above was born in a village.

If a birth certificate does not list the names of both mother and father, or the child, secondary evidence must be submitted to establish parentage. Secondary evidence includes, but is not limited to , copies of: medical records, school records, census records, government-issues identity cards, religious records and/or affidavits from at least TWO persons alive at the time of birth. The oldest available evidence that lists the names of both parents should be submitted."

Thank you!

I don’t know what kind of affidavit submitted with your I-485.
If you don’t have Birth certificate then you need to get Non availability of Birth certificate. If you are from India then and born in City then get the Non Avalibity certificate from Municipality. If you were born in Village then the District has Registrar of Birth office and you or your parents can get the Non Availability of birth certificate. The non Availability from Municipality or registrar office may be in Indian language and then get it translated to English on Stamp paper by Notary from India.
You will need to submit copy of Non Availability of birth certificate from Municipality or Registrar office +copy of English translation and two affidavits from Parents or relatives on Stamp paper with your name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, name of your Mother, name of your father and the person making the affidavit also should state his/her relationship to you and how he/she knows the information of your Birth. Affidavits should be on Stamp paper signed before Notary Public.
The info about your date of birth, Place of Birth, Father Name, mother name should be same as on your passport and match the info that you wrote on your I-485 form.

do you have a birth certificate? did you submit it with your 485?

what is your PD/Labor category/ Country?