i-485 questions

Dana2592

Registered Users (C)
It looks that I have some more bumps on the road :).

I have I-140 ready to be sent and I wonder if I can send it now and then send I-485/I-765 later?

I have just noticed that I need a translation for my birth certificate. I was born in Poland. Does anyone know any Polish/English translating services in the Houston area?

And finally, do I have to have a medical examination before filing or they will send me a notification later?

Thanks, guys.

It looks that I have some more bumps on the road :).

I have I-140 ready to be sent and I wonder if I can send it now and then send I-485/I-765 later?

I have just noticed that I need a translation for my birth certificate. I was born in Poland. Does anyone know any Polish/English translating services in the Houston area?

And finally, do I have to have a medical examination before filing or they will send me a notification later?

Thanks, guys.

1- Yes you can and from my opinion, as I did, it is better to send I-140 first then later you can submit I-485 with or without I-765 and or I-131 if I-140 get approved if you have a time in your current status and you are not in hurry. If I-140 denied, your I-485 will be denied automatically with much loss.
2- It is not important to translate in the same city you are living, many centers nationwide can do it for you, do a search and send it to be translated any where.
3- You need the medical examination to be submitted with your I-485. So, if you file I-140 only do not do med exam, if you do I-140 and I-485 concurrently, you have to do med exam.
4- If you have your I-140 ready you can submit it right now and after you receive the receip notice, you can file your I-485 (with med exam) with a copy of I-140 notice.