I-485 Question.

tbarry

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
On my Asylum application, I did not gave any I-94 number or passport because I enter the US with a fraud passport.

Now my Question is, how would I answer this question on the I-485?

Were you inspected by a U.S immigration officer?
Thank you!

Why didn't you enter with your own passport? I think that is something they will find out immediately if you lie about it on the form, so tell the truth as it is. But you may need to attach a letter explaining why you did it. I am not sure if you will be denied for it. Talk to a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming that you were granted asylum. Then this would not pose a problem. If you have not received asylum protection then using a fake passport is a HUGE issue.

thankful said:
I am assuming that you were granted asylum. Then this would not pose a problem. If you have not received asylum protection then using a fake passport is a HUGE issue.

Yes! I was granted Asylum, but my question was what to answer on this part of I-485.
Were you inspected by an US Immigration officer?
I told them yes on my Asylum application, But did not gave I-94 number.

Now should I said yes or no?

Thanx guys!

Are you the same person with an arrest record for prostitution?

Well, given that you have two potentially serious issues in your immigration history you need an attorney to help you out.

tbarry said:
Yes! I was granted Asylum, but my question was what to answer on this part of I-485.

Thanx guys!

hi!if you answered on the asylum application,yes, you should give the same answer on the i-485.
if they,ins i mean, thought that you lied to them on your initial asylum appl., they would never approve your asylum.
just my opinion...

tbarry said:

Thanx guys!

Do the same as on your asylum application.INS will ask you to fill out I-602.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

tbarry said:
Hi!
On my Asylum application, I did not gave any I-94 number or passport because I enter the US with a fraud passport.

Now my Question is, how would I answer this question on the I-485?

Were you inspected by a U.S immigration officer?
Thank you!

Put No and put EWI. In the I94#, put the I-94 they gave you once you got your asylum approved.

You need a lawyer as thankful said. Hire a lawyer and file your I-485...asking questions on this forum may help you but confuse you even more.

wantmygcnow said:
Put No and put EWI. In the I94#, put the I-94 they gave you once you got your asylum approved.

I desagree on this.Even with fake document,he was inspected on his fake document and has been counted as one person in US and he repported this on his asylum application.Now how come he's to change? EWI applies to people like some mexicans who come in US with no inspection by crossing the border...These people are differents since they've never been in touch with no US immigration officer and have not been counted as people in US.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005