I 485 Processing Procedure

houston_TX

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I have a question which I am sure a lot of other folks must have wondered about. With all PDs being current now, there will be a deluge of 485 applications filed in July 2007. These will be for PDs ranging from 2002 all the way to 2007.

My question is this:
Since there is no way that Visas are available for such a large number of applicants, what is the criteria by which USCIS will process I-485 applications? Will it be by receipt date (RD) or will it be by PD?

Cheers!
Houston_Tx

I am wondering about the same:confused:

How they will manage all new applications, and pending applications before they retrogressed in 2005?

On top of that, processing times add more confusion.
For example, Texas Service Center is processing I485 applications with receipt date of September 11, 2006. But, what about those filed in 2005?

My theory...:cool: :

USCIS will get a gazillion applications in July especially from applicants from India and China, now that dates are current. These will have priority dates ranging from 2001-2007! Then they will spend few months in doing data entry itself (I dont think we'll see any approvals when this is going on!), after which dates will retrogress big time especially for these two countries to like 2001/2002! When retrogression happens again, processing dates will be meaningless as usual. And then we'll be technically where we were a month ago, where PD moves a bit at a time and oldest applications get approved first then next and so on....so FIFO will be implemented!

I feel dates becoming current will have no effect on the average time needed to get GC, however atleast now applicants and spouses will get EAD, can invoke AC21 etc..

Yup I think that's exactly what is going to happen. In my case i have the option of using a 2003 PD (LC almost certified) or a 2006 application (I 140 approved).

I'm not sure whether I should wait for the earlier application to come through and then file 140/485 concurrently or take the safe route and just file based on the 2006 PD and have EAD in hand?

As far as I know, I can only file one 485 application, is that true?
Any comments?

Yup I think that's exactly what is going to happen. In my case i have the option of using a 2003 PD (LC almost certified) or a 2006 application (I 140 approved).

I'm not sure whether I should wait for the earlier application to come through and then file 140/485 concurrently or take the safe route and just file based on the 2006 PD and have EAD in hand?

As far as I know, I can only file one 485 application, is that true?
Any comments?

Yes, you can file only one I485.

This is my opinion (make sure you rely on your common sense and your attorney):
If you get 2003 LC before visa dates are retrogressed, probably in Sep, then file 140/485 concurrently.
God forbid, if you do not receive LC by then, file 485 on approved 140. You can always interfile 485, from one approved 140 to another approved 140 case.
The bottom line is to beat retrogression monster:)

Yeah that is what my proposed course of action is. However, could you elaborate about this "interfile" process?
thanks!

Hi all,
I have a question which I am sure a lot of other folks must have wondered about. With all PDs being current now, there will be a deluge of 485 applications filed in July 2007. These will be for PDs ranging from 2002 all the way to 2007.

My question is this:
Since there is no way that Visas are available for such a large number of applicants, what is the criteria by which USCIS will process I-485 applications? Will it be by receipt date (RD) or will it be by PD?
-------------------------PD

Cheers!
Houston_Tx

----------------