I-485 Processing Issue...

ramdas2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had filed my I-130 for my mother and got the approval in beginning of October 2016. Once I got the approval, I filed my mother's I-485 application with all the documents and the required fees. She is currently residing with me in the US.
Today I get a letter from NVC stating that my mother's I-485 is going to be done through Consular Processing.
I had not requested in any of the forms that I want Consular Processing. I wanted the case to be processed within the US. What can I do to make sure that the I-485 case for my mother is done in the US.

Any advice/inputs is appreciated...

Let me Know...

Thank you
Ramdas

You can ignore what NVC says. That is normal for people who file petitions separately, because the default assumption is Consular Processing. All she needs to do if she wants to do Adjustment of Status is file I-485 (which she did).

By the way, you should have filed I-130 and I-485 together; I don't know why you did them separately.

Hi,
Thank you for your prompt reply, the reason for filing separately was personal circumstances.
Really appreciate it .
Thank you
Ramdas

I found out that while applying for I-485 for my mother, my alien number which was in I-130 approval got filled as her A Number.
The packet that i sent has been received by chicago lockbox on Oct 21, but USCIS is not able to pull it in their system. How do i get this corrected.
Please advise if any of you have been in this situation.