I-485 pending/ buying a house

arbee

Registered Users (C)
Hi All -

Has anyone had the experience of buying a house while their 485 was pending?

I am going through that process - my H1 expires in September 04, and my employer has said they won't renew it as I have an EAD. The loan bank is asking for a renewal of the H1 Visa!

Please share any thoughts!

Thanks in advance.

when we got loan our ext was pending and we gave a copy of I-485 receipt and EAD. that worked.
try some other bank or persuade ur employer to help you out

arbee said:
Hi All -

--- many baught when they are on H1
I am going through that process - my H1 expires in September 04, and my employer has said they won't renew it as I have an EAD.
----Ask the employer does he give any guarantee that I-485 will have no problems?? Having EAD does not mean that you cant file H1 extension, I will ask the employer to file H1 extension, inform him clearly that you dont want to use EAD
The loan bank is asking for a renewal of the H1 Visa!
---- H1 status is always a good back up
** you have not posted if I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days, if that is true you can change employer with H1 transafer any time and can use AC21

Thanks in advance.

arbee said:
Hi All -

I am going through that process - my H1 expires in September 04, and my employer has said they won't renew it as I have an EAD. The loan bank is asking for a renewal of the H1 Visa!

Thanks in advance.

We bought a house when I was on an O-1 visa, then refinanced twice while 485 pending. In the question on the loan form: US Citizen or LPR, I marked "no", but I wrote "pending" next to LPR and gave a copy of my 140 approval and 485 receipt. The most important thing, according to my mortgage broker, was three years tax returns and a clean (and hopefully somewhat long) credit history. My broker was really good - he only shopped our loan to banks that were savvy with immigrants, and we got a great interest rate too.

Thanks!

All - thanks for sharing your experience. In my case, I-140 is approved, so I will give them I140 approval and I485 receipt notices, and see if they agree.

FYI - the banks is Wells.

Thanks again.

Arbee,

Did your bank accept I140 approval and I485 receipts notices? I am also in the same boat, my bank (Wellsfargo) is asking for visa document. I told them my status is 'I-485 adjustment of status' and sent them I485 receipt notice.

Thanks,
Manju
I-485 RD 05/02
FP - 09/04
AD - ????

I believe the I-485 receipt is OK. But u may need explain it a little bit in case the loan officer doesn't understand.

We used Wells Fargo and no problem.

If you have a problem with a specific bank, you can always use a good and reputable mortgage broker to find a loan... they usually find very good rates with banks that are immigrant savvy, at least in my experience.