I-485 Is Mailed To PO Box No 851041 Instead of 851804. Please help......

Venkat Kodi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I have mailed my I-485 & I-765 files to PO Box 851041 on 06/25/01. It is for AD\'s only which could be found on I-765 application. My attorney gave me the correct address but I lost it in the hurry and wrote the AD\'s PO Box number instead of I-485\'s PO Box number 851804. I have called to US Postal Services Customer Service Representative to find out to mail it to the correct PO Box number. She told me that nothing could be done even though it is Certified Mail which will have some tracking number.
   What happens to my mail? Is any one has done the similar mistake ?
What happened and how long it was delayed. Please post your experiences..

Thanks,
Venkat

No Title

Do not worry too much. Once I talked to a OII about mailing to the wrong address in TSC center. She said they usually forward the mail to the right department or return the mail to you. But I do not have the experience. It may take a little time.

Can you send another package to the right address and cancel the checks in the old package?

No Title

what is AD?
I hope you sent it with return receipt? It has the name of person who signed for it,you could call the phone number for I-765 department here in Dallas and talk to that person.

No Title

It is EAD but not AD.
    I have mailed it by Priority Mail - Certified with Return Receipt.
    Is it possible get the number and call that person ?
 Thanks,
 Venkat.

No Title

venkat I am not sure if you can get the direct phone number.

Pysical Address: 4141 St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227
Public Inquiry Phone: (214) 381-1423; (214) 767-7769
               Fax (214) 767-7405 or (214) 767-7406

A good place to start would be try calling the public phone number and explaining your situation. Also you could fax your situation ASAP to the fax numbers. Last thing I would do is to send an overnight mail to the wrong PO Box address that you sent explaining your situation and asking them to forward it to the right PO Box.

Just a few suggestions that\'s all. I know how difficult it is. Best wishes.

No Title

Don\'t worry !!

My lawyer sent my 485 application (together with 765, 131) to the I140 P.O. BOX, but I got all the receipts 2 weeks later, and got EAD and AP approved.

It will be just a couple of days delay, not a problem.

Ray

No Title

Donot worry. It\'s not a problem really. It will go to right place finally. I have the same experience before

No Title

Thanks for the replies. I have called to IIO and informed about the mistake and she told me that it will go to the right department and may be delayed by day or two.

No Title

Hi Venkat,

Welcome to I-485 board. It was bad that your 485 experience started with wrong address. But good days are ahead do not worry...:)

Guess who is this ?