I-485 Inter-filing

LaborSeekar

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have Mar 2003 EB3 I-140 and 485. I filed I-485 in early june and got EAD, AP approvals. Since I have been working with my H1B company for a long time they were generous enough to offer me a EB2 I-140. They applied to port my priority date from EB3 to EB2 in June and got the EB2 approval with PD Jan 2003 early Oct.
Three weeks ago my company sent a inter-filing letter to USCIS to change my I-485 PD to EB2 Jan 2003.

The Q is what should I expect now. My lawyer says there won't be any receipts OR updates on USCIS site for interfiling cases. Is this true?
Did anyone else in the similar situation as me?

Can I expect any updates on USCIS site?
With no receipt, no ACK from USCIS I don't know what to do to make sure that my inter-filing is accepted by USCIS?
Typically how long does it take for USCIS to respond on interfiling cases since my PD is current?
Will there be any updates on my case on USCIS site OR is it only for approval/RFE updates?

Thanks

I-485 Inter-filing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I have Mar 2003 EB3 I-140 and 485. I filed I-485 in early june and got EAD, AP approvals. Since I have been working with my H1B company for a long time they were generous enough to offer me a EB2 I-140. They applied to port my priority date from EB3 to EB2 in June and got the EB2 approval with PD Jan 2003 early Oct.
Three weeks ago my company sent a inter-filing letter to USCIS to change my I-485 PD to EB2 Jan 2003.

The Q is what should I expect now. My lawyer says there won't be any receipts OR updates on USCIS site for interfiling cases. Is this true?

With no receipt, no ACK from USCIS I don't know what to do to make sure that my inter-filing is accepted by USCIS?
Typically how long does it take for USCIS to respond on interfiling cases since my PD is current?
Will there be any updates on my case on USCIS site OR is it only for approval/RFE updates?

Thanks

Hi Laborseekar.

Any updates on your interfiing. I am also in same situation but waiting to interfile.
What is your Service center ? (for I140 and 485s)

Hello All,

-------------------------------that is true

----------------for Interfiling no updates

------------------USCIS dont send any reciept for Interfiling
Thanks
-------------