I-485 Fee Waiver / Notice Rcvd

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

I have a friend who sent his & his family's I-485 applications Aug 26 with a Free Waiver letter, a week later he received the receipt notice for the application..

does this mean that their Fee Waiver has been accepted ?

the online status says:
" Current Status: The fee was collected at one location, and the case is now pending at our processing site. "

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all

I have a friend who sent his & his family's I-485 applications Sep 26 with a Free Waiver letter, a week later he received the receipt notice for the application..

the online status says:
" Current Status: The fee was collected at one location, and the case is now pending at our processing site. "

Thank you

No, it means the case will be placeed on hold, until the Fee Waiver application will be processing, usually about a year or so. If Fee Waiver will be approved they will start working on the I-485 case. If Fee Waiver will be denied they gonna send your case back and ask you to pay fee for processing. If Fee Waiver will be approved you are not authorized to expedite your case. And it will be in low priority(((

Hello all

I have a friend who sent his & his family's I-485 applications Sep 26 with a Free Waiver letter, a week later he received the receipt notice for the application..

the online status says:

Thank you

Yes the fee waiver has been accepted. The same happened to me.

fee waiver will be approved only after they check your income tax return documents.

i did the same thing, sent my low bank account, food stamp receipts and lots of high bills, they sent the whole application back asking to file new application with my income tax document which I did not have that time although I do now.

so my fee waiver got denied

I got the same exact words on my receipt and the fee waiver was indeed accepted for me. Mine took a little over three weeks though but the words are the same so this must mean that the fee waiver was approved and they are processing the I485

I am about to file form I- 485, and I also want to request a fee waiver, which form do I use and what supporting documentation I need to include with the application.

Thank you in advance,

Yes I understand the supporting documents but the question is; do I get the form on USCIS website or do I have to write a letter?

Thank you so much, so I send it to Texas or there is a different address we send it to, sorry for asking to much info but I have no idea for this process,

you send the fee waiver document with the GC application all together. refer to the I-485 instructions for the correct USCIS center "depending on which state you live"

Hi there!
I malied my I-485 application on august 5th,2010 along with the fee waiver request. I haven't heard anything from USCIS yet. I was wondering if someone could let me know how much time does it usually takes for fee waiver request to be processed? I called the USCIS customer service center and the representative asked me to give them a call back in 2 more weeks, in case I haven't received a receipt notice by then.

Hi there!
I malied my I-485 application on august 5th,2010 along with the fee waiver request. I haven't heard anything from USCIS yet. I was wondering if someone could let me know how much time does it usually takes for fee waiver request to be processed? I called the USCIS customer service center and the representative asked me to give them a call back in 2 more weeks, in case I haven't received a receipt notice by then.

You would have got more responses to your issue if you had started a separate thread for your issue. As far as the fee waiver goes, it usually takes more than a month to get a decision.