I-485 denied. Waiver of grounds of inadmissibility denied

gcstrat

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All

A person I know has ran into this problem for his wife.
Her I-485 (employment based) was denied. Following which they filed a Motion to reopen and reconsider, in the form of application for waiver of grounds of inadmissibility. This was also denied.

Are there any options?

Thanks

GCStrat

Is your friend's GC got approved? In that case he can still sponsor his wife for GC - processing time will depend on the country of chargibility.

my friend is a citizen. His wife entered without inspection which is causing all the problems.

She had entered the US in 1996 without inspection and filed under 245(i) in 2001.
Her 485 was denied (Earlier in 2007). Her motion to reopen and reconsider was also denied (dec 2007).

She can appeal under AAO as per the notice of denial, which she is going to file.
However, USCIS has initiated removal proceedings.

Any way to delay/ suspend removal proceedings?

If she eventually has to go out of USA, does she have to go back to her country of origin or can go to a third country, say, Canada?

She had entered the US in 1996 without inspection and filed under 245(i) in 2001. Her 485 was denied (Earlier in 2007). Her motion to reopen and reconsider was also denied (dec 2007).

That's not surprising, since 245i doesn't forgive EWI.

If she eventually has to go out of USA, does she have to go back to her country of origin or can go to a third country, say, Canada?

She can go to whatever country is willing to take her. All DHS cares about is that she is no longer in the US.

I got my 245i approved and granted by judge last month and now am waiting for my physical "GC", you should have a good lawyer that can fight for you at the court just like mine.