I-485 "Current USCIS Status"

katerinka

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!
Please, help me with a few questions on I-485 form, I am so confused. What should I write under Current USCIS Status and Expires on, if I came as a J1 student visa(not subject to 2 year residency requirement) and it is actually expired:(I read a lot of info and I need your opinion also! And I am also confused with the visa number, is it the same as Control Number on my visa, which is a very long number???I hope you can help me, thank you!

Visa number is the other number, not so many, written in red, and roughly at the middle right hand corner. Write "Student (Out-of-Status)" in the status space; use the expiry date on your form I-94 as the date of expiration.
Goodluck!

Thank you for your reply! But now i have another question, please, help me!
I extended my stay in USA with 2 B-2 visas(after J-1), so I got two new 1-94 forms in the mail with the new expiration dates. Now I am confused which expiration dates I have to write down and which status? J-1 or B-2?The one I got in my passport the first time or the last expiration date on B-2???
Thank you, everybody who can help me!

Write the two. Include all copies of I-94.

J1(Expired....), B2(Expired...).

Goodluck!

Write the two. Include all copies of I-94. J1(Expired....), B2(Expired...).

No. You can only have one status at a time. If the I-94 with the latest expiration date has expired, then the current status is N/A.

Include all I-94s to prove legal admission to the US. Please tell me you're filing on the basis of marriage to a US citizen.

Yes, I am married to a USC, and I came as a J-1 exchange visitor in 2007(no 2 year residency!), then I extended my stay here with two B-2 visas. And two of them were approved, so I have three I 94s, and both B-2s got expired already. Now my husband is applying I-130 for me. That's why I am confused what to write on my I-485:(Thank you, guys, for all the help you provide to us!