I-485 checklist for spouse

yog_23

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have a checklist of things that needs to be done to add I-485/EAD/Payroll to spouse...?

Since priority date is not current, waiting to apply I-485 for spouse...Since spouse is travelling outside, looking for a checklist of things needed to add spouse to I-485.

Is the procedure same as primary applicant..medical tests ...blah blah...

Thank you
Yog

The checklist is the same plus you need to provide enough evidence for the marriage specially if you have been married for less than two years. Mariage certificate, joint account, life insurance beneficiary, birth cert of common kids, ...

Note that your spouce needs to present her own legal status in the past (such as H4 visa and documts, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a checklist of things that needs to be done to add I-485/EAD/Payroll to spouse...?

Since priority date is not current, waiting to apply I-485 for spouse...Since spouse is travelling outside, looking for a checklist of things needed to add spouse to I-485.

Is the procedure same as primary applicant..medical tests ...blah blah...

Thank you
Yog

it is same documents like form I-485, G325, Valid H4 status Copy of I-94 (front and back), Photographs, Medicals, Copy of passport pages, USCIS Fee check,Copy of marriage certificate, Photographs, Affidavit of support (that you have to sign before Notary)
** one can file I-485 if one is in US