I-485 Approved

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
RD Aug 2000; ND Sep 2000
1st FP Dec 2000; 2nd FP May 2000
AD: June 4

Long wait on the I485. Nearly two years.

Question: When I enter my EAC number the AVM says "Approved". But For my wife\'s EAC number it still sings the same old tune "It is taking 540 days to approve....etc". Can this happen? Or is it a mistake? Or did they forget to update for dependent\'s eac number?

Congrats. Try to call IIO they might say your wife case also approved - good luck - eom

No Title

greaty-k,
Actually you dont seem to have an option for 2000 ND people to make an entry. Can U add the details on my behalf please?
My PD is June 96. EB2. Non-RIR. Country: India.
Rest of the 485 details are in my first post.
Total time taken for entire process : 6 years (Is that a record?)

congrats and question

Just curious why it took so much time for your case? Any typical problem with the case?

No Title

Lawyer screwed up my labor. When I applied for Labor, Sesa sent a list of questions to my lawyer. Bloody lawyer never sent reply. For three years he tried to cover up his negligence with false assurances and glib lies. Finally I fired him and hired a new attorney. He asked Sesa to reopen my file and Labor was approved within the next three months.

As far as 485 is concerned, no idea why it took so long. Maybe just a lazy officer was assigned my case.....

Now I hear that there is a new stage added to the GC process after the 485 approval (see the May 15th victims horror story). I heard that they dont stamp the passports on the day that you go to the INS office. They just take all your documents and ask you to wait for a phone call. After the phone call you have to go back for stamping.

Q, congrats, could you please consider posting exact RD and EAC. If you checked the AVM, obviously y

No Title

The user-id Q was already in use by someone else in immitracker.com. So I registered under the name Q-ND2000.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and wishes. I wish everyone all the best.

Q,thanks for the info. Wow, didn\'t realize the long wait. Hearty Congrats. Take care...