I-485 approved without FP!!!

nickearth

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
Hi Everybody,

My I-485 (filed in Jan 2004, approved in August 1st week 2004) has been approved without FP in 7 months along with I-140 (filed in September 2003, approved August 1st week 2004). I have also received my I-485 approval notice from USCIS

Instruction in I-485:
"Your application for permanent resident status has been approved. Please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color photos meeting the specifications listed below, to the local INS office below to have your fingerprint and signature taken on Form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card..."

I talked with my lawyer this morning and he mentioned that it is mistake from INS office and it is up to me to inform them or not.

Should I go local INS office and tell them about FP or pretend not knowing any thing on FP unless they ask?

My wife's case is still showing in process. Should I take my wife alogn with me?

I'll appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggessions.

Sweet dude, consider yourself really really lucky. I don't think it is a mistake as your msg clearly says go to your local office to get FP and you passport stamped. I'd rather go down to the office and go ahead with the FP and get your passprt stamped than asking them is this right or not. I guess this is the new procedure to eliminate backlog, it makes total sense even though my 140 is approved and I don't have my FP done yet and filed 3 months before you, atleast they are clearing the backlog which will improve the process and make the overall processing faster. Good look and god bless.

mickey99 said:
Sweet dude, consider yourself really really lucky. I don't think it is a mistake as your msg clearly says go to your local office to get FP and you passport stamped. I'd rather go down to the office and go ahead with the FP and get your passprt stamped than asking them is this right or not. I guess this is the new procedure to eliminate backlog, it makes total sense even though my 140 is approved and I don't have my FP done yet and filed 3 months before you, atleast they are clearing the backlog which will improve the process and make the overall processing faster. Good look and god bless.

Usually I-485 approval notice comes like that. They are talking about the Index finger printing which will be used on GC. Not all Finger Prints. It is weird. But it is INS sorry BCIS.

Good for you...sometimes i feel i should withdraw my current application and re-file 485...that may be faster...I could hear from them in 7 months as opposed to waiting for 25+ months

tammy2 said:
Usually I-485 approval notice comes like that. They are talking about the Index finger printing which will be used on GC. Not all Finger Prints. It is weird. But it is INS sorry BCIS.

Tammy2 is right. I have confirmed with couple friends who have already received GC. First FP before I-485 approval is very detail and use in security check and USCIS record. FP after I-485 approval is for GC.

Anyway I'm planning to go local USCIS office along with my wife (even though her process is still pending) and try our luck.

Thanks.

Because these security and other things i feel should inform the officer that you have not done your FP as you did not get the notice. It may be new policy but we never know. Did you ask your attorney. Get confirmation from some one like Rajeev.

Go for stamping and become a permanent resident. No need to tell them that they haven't done FP for you. That is their problem. I guess that FP is only for background check, so if they forget to do that, that's fine. You don't need to ask them to verify your history. Go and get stamped .

Might be risky?

dsatish said:
Go for stamping and become a permanent resident. No need to tell them that they haven't done FP for you. That is their problem. I guess that FP is only for background check, so if they forget to do that, that's fine. You don't need to ask them to verify your history. Go and get stamped .

Won't that be risky? Can't CIS revoke the approval any time in the future if/when they discover their own error? Don't know what happens then (file all over again?).

I-485 ND 06/2002
3 APs
2 EADs
FP 08/2004

Congrats.........

Congrats. Good for you....
In my opinion the best bet would be going to the nearest ASC and giving the FPs.

--
Thanks

just a thought !

Hi All

Does anyone think this could be because fingerprints were taken on re-entry into the US at the port of arrival.

When i came back this year in February my thumb and index finger were already fingerprinted at the Airport. I think left index finger ( ie second finger on left hand from the left) and right thumb - I don't remember clearly

Can anyone who has gone for FP please tell us what fingers they scan ?

Also, I guess this system is not yet in effect in all airports. I came in thru LA and they had the system there.

nickearth, did you have your prints taken at any port of entry in the past 12-15 months ? - Assuming that this is the case and that the prints are valid for 15 months like a normal FP.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you, I would just go for stamping. The basic rule is.....
Don't ask, don't tell
Only answer briefy if they ask..short and sweet.

You should be jumping with joy rather than worrying about VSC's error. It's not your fault, it's your fortune!!!!!!!! Enjoy

Its amazing to see that the the 485 cases are approving in 12-13 months.

Unbelievable!!!

I hope approvals will be faster in future.

Thank you all for the good work.

nickearth said:
:confused:
Hi Everybody,

My I-485 (filed in Jan 2004, approved in August 1st week 2004) has been approved without FP in 7 months along with I-140 (filed in September 2003, approved August 1st week 2004). I have also received my I-485 approval notice from USCIS

Instruction in I-485:
"Your application for permanent resident status has been approved. Please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color photos meeting the specifications listed below, to the local INS office below to have your fingerprint and signature taken on Form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card..."

I talked with my lawyer this morning and he mentioned that it is mistake from INS office and it is up to me to inform them or not.

Should I go local INS office and tell them about FP or pretend not knowing any thing on FP unless they ask?

My wife's case is still showing in process. Should I take my wife alogn with me?

I'll appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggessions.

You should call USCIS and report the error since it might affect your GC in the future. Your lawyer should have done this also, but is a different story.
Hope your are not a terrorist but the National security could be at stake.
If you provide your details, I can do it for you for a lot of reasons. I can also report it to the media; you have also the choice to remain silent but they could find this in the future.

Fingerprints at the ports of entry are different than the FBI 10 finger/thumb fingerprints as the ones at stamping. See my Security thread for IAFIS, IDENT.

cantstopme said:
Hi All

Does anyone think this could be because fingerprints were taken on re-entry into the US at the port of arrival.

When i came back this year in February my thumb and index finger were already fingerprinted at the Airport. I think left index finger ( ie second finger on left hand from the left) and right thumb - I don't remember clearly

Can anyone who has gone for FP please tell us what fingers they scan ?

Also, I guess this system is not yet in effect in all airports. I came in thru LA and they had the system there.

nickearth, did you have your prints taken at any port of entry in the past 12-15 months ? - Assuming that this is the case and that the prints are valid for 15 months like a normal FP.

Thanks !

Recently I have done my FP for canadian immigration and received clean report from FBI.