I-485 Approved, Interlinking Works, 180 day NC rule holds

Texas_NIW

Registered Users (C)
I received approval emails from CRIS today for both me and my wife. I wish to thank all of you for your support and help throughout this adventure. I will stick around to answer any questions or queries that some might have. My timeline and details are as follows :
Applied Eb2-NIW (NSC) in Nov 2006, approved in april 2008
applied EB1-EA (TSC) in Mar 2007, approved in Oct 2007
Applied I-485 in August 2007 with receipt notices of both 140's. RD 15 Aug, ND 12 Oct 2007. In february 2008 my 485 got transferred from TSC to NSC. Found out they linked my 485 with NIW instead. waited till my NIW got approved then mailed them 3 times and called them 3 times requesting interlinking. Last friday call I think made the difference as the officer (Mary) told me she will notify her supervisor. And sure she did, today I have the approval notice in email.
By the way my name check was pending till last friday so I guess 180 day rule holds!

I used this address :

Nebraska Service Center,
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service,
P.O. Box – 82521,
Lincoln NE 68501-2521

Good Luck to you

Congratulations!! Looks like NSC is picking up the speed? Glad to hear the good news.

Hi Texas-NIW

Can you explain what is 180 day condition, yesterday i called NSC and speak with the officer. She told me that all my EB1 and NIW are linked. they have to wait till the NIW I-140 approved.

Looks like your situation, since my eb1a is approved, why they have wait for NIW140 approval.

What will happen if NIW140 is rejected.

EB1A: I140 - Filed 04/23/2007, Approved 09/2007 at TSC
EB1A: I485 - Filed 10/2/2007, pending at NSC

EB2NIW: I140 and I485- Filed 07/19/2007, Pending at NSC

As I understand u have 2 485 filed, one with Eb1 and other with NIW. If so, then just hang on u don't have to do a thing. it will be don eautomatically. However if u have only one 485 filed whcih has been linked to NIW instead, yes u will have to wait till that NIW gets approved. I was told the same thing by IO and hence I waited till april this year when my NIW got approved. My EB1 was already approved in Oct 07. Once u have NIW approved just write to them or call them asking for re-linking. Hope this helps.
If u have 2 485 filed but both have been linked to NIW by mistake may be u can take pre-emtive action and write to them now. U won't get any reply or any LUDs but will need to hang on there. It works.
180 days rule just says if NC was initaited more than 180 days ago and still is not clear, USCIS will just go ahead and proceed with AOS petition, conditinally. In case something pops up later they can always revoke the GC.

As I understand u have 2 485 filed, one with Eb1 and other with NIW. If so, then just hang on u don't have to do a thing. it will be don eautomatically. However if u have only one 485 filed whcih has been linked to NIW instead, yes u will have to wait till that NIW gets approved.
I have filed EB2-NIW I-140 along with concurrent I-485 last year (results of which is still pending) and this month, I Have filed EB1-EA I-140 (without any I-485, as I already have one I-485 filed from last year linked to NIW petition). Does this mean, that I cant make a request for interlinking to EB1-EA PRIOR to NIW approval. What will happen to my NIW-linked I-485 if my NIW petition got denied but EB1-EA got approved. I am from retrogressed country, therefore wanted to link my I-485 from last year (which is linked to NIW petition filed at that time) to my most recent EB1-EA petition. Plz reply. Thank you.

Can anyone please advise how to confirm that USCIS add/filled the submitted I-140 approval documents to my existing I-485 records?

I sent a copy of the I-140 approval to them 2 weeks ago, with a request to interlink/interfile it with my existing I485 application. UPS and USPS records showed they received it. But so far whenever I called, the I/O that I speak with have been saying they have not received anything from me.

Is it possible that their mail room junks any document we send to them, unless its in response to an RFE?

Experts please advise/share

I have filed EB2-NIW I-140 along with concurrent I-485 last year (results of which is still pending) and this month, I Have filed EB1-EA I-140 (without any I-485, as I already have one I-485 filed from last year linked to NIW petition). Does this mean, that I cant make a request for interlinking to EB1-EA PRIOR to NIW approval. What will happen to my NIW-linked I-485 if my NIW petition got denied but EB1-EA got approved. I am from retrogressed country, therefore wanted to link my I-485 from last year (which is linked to NIW petition filed at that time) to my most recent EB1-EA petition. Plz reply. Thank you.

I think you need to have approved NIW to link your NIW-linked I-485 to EB1approved I-140. I guess if your NIW is denied means linked I-485 is also denied.

Mailed the interlinking request twice. The last one returned back to me recently (reason: processing date):eek:. Does it imply the interlink was successful :confused:, thanks for an information:)

I heard from a friend of mine that he just kept sending a letter with a request and a copy of the approved I-140 once a week, every Monday like clockwork. The 12th letter the supervisor responded to, confirming they got it and that he personally made sure the I-485 is linked with the I-140 as requested, and asked not to send any more letters.

Hi
Can I interlink one NIW and one 140 employer filed with LC? Originally filed I-485 based on EB2-NIW

Interlink question

Hi,

I have a I485 application filed in July 2007 with an I140 with PD of Aug 2006,
recently another I140 with PD of Fed 2005 was approved and a letter was sent to USCIS Nebraska requesting that my I140 with Feb 2005 PD be linked to my I485.

Is there a way I can ensure that it has been linked. Since I haven't seen any update on the online status.

If calling is the only option which number should I call and are they forthcoming in this information. My previous exp has indicated that they don't share any info.

Thanks