I-485 approved but there is an issue - Ginnu, Real Canadian

mgkadiri

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-485 was approved. I got my card as well. But my last name is not correct. The name on receipt notice is correct but I do not know why USCIS changed my name inspite of having a correct name in receipt notice. Can somebody please help with these questions?

1. File I-90
2. Send a letter explaining the issue
3. Send DL, First page passport copy, SSN copy, I-485 receipt notice, EAD copy and Birth Certificate to prove my correct name. Do I need to send any other document to prove my correct name?
4. I hope I am still in PR status.
5. I assume that this will not require FBI, IBIS checking for replacement.

Thank you

Hi All,

My I-485 was approved.
I got my card as well.
But my last name is not correct.
-------------------------what is wrong with Last name? Spellings?

The name on receipt notice is correct but I do not know why USCIS changed my name inspite of having a correct name in receipt notice.
Can somebody please help with these questions?

1. File I-90
------------------------YES
2. Send a letter explaining the issue
--------------------YES attach Cover letter and explain what is wrong and what is your correct Last Name, on cover letter at top write your Name, I-485 approval notice#, your A#, Dob and address. keep the copy of each document you send.
3. Send DL, First page passport copy, SSN copy, I-485 receipt notice, EAD copy and Birth Certificate to prove my correct name. Do I need to send any other document to prove my correct name?
----------------------------just send copy of I-485 filing reciept, Copy of EAD (no need to send Birth certificate they have the BC copy in I-485 file, no need to send SSN card copy
4. I hope I am still in PR status.
--------------------YES
5. I assume that this will not require FBI, IBIS checking for replacement.
-------------------Many get wrong info on cards and file form I-90.
Thank you
-------------------------

I-90 Timeline

This is my time line for replacing GC.

1. I received GC approval on June 17th, 2008.
2. Received the card on June 23rd, 2008. The name was not correct.
3. Applied I-90 on July 8th, 2008 to correct the name on card.
4. Received the card with correct details on August 26th, 2008.
5. The I-90 was sent to TSC.
6. I did not pay any fee as this is an USCIS error and also I did not receive receipt notice. I just directly received the card.

I hope this helps.