I-485 applicatin filed in Year 2007

aanl

Registered Users (C)
I-485 application filed in Year 2007

I am ready to file I-485 for my wife and my son in this July. I am expecting the reponse from those applicants who filed I-485 in year of 2007.

(1) When you filed your I-485 in 2007, did you attach I-693 (Medical with Vaccination Supplement)?

(2) What is the address that you mailed whole application package to USCIS?

The reason I bring up this issue is I have found different answers from this forum and I-485 application form.

On this forum, most of threads show that an I-485 applicant does not have to attach I-693 with I-485 application.

On the other hand, on page 3, I-485 application form, under "Medical examination", saying "Individuals applying for adjustment of status through a USCIS service center, the applicant should include medical examination report with the application, unless he is a refugee."

Thanks for your immediate attention.

aanl

Last edited by a moderator:
Address to mail I-485 application

I think it is the Nebraska Service Center. If you can confirm this information, please let me know.

I filed I-485 for my daughter on 17th April 2007. She was scheduled for BIO-2 on 31st May 2007. Now, i am waiting for final decision.
Answers to your questions:
1)Yes. You have to attach I-693 with I-485
2) You should send the application to Nebraska service center.

I am ready to file I-485 for my wife and my son in this July. I am expecting the reponse from those applicants who filed I-485 in year of 2007.

(1) When you filed your I-485 in 2007, did you attach I-693 (Medical with Vaccination Supplement)?

(2) What is the address that you mailed whole application package to USCIS?

The reason I bring up this issue is I have found different answers from this forum and I-485 application form.

On this forum, most of threads show that an I-485 applicant does not have to attach I-693 with I-485 application.

On the other hand, on page 3, I-485 application form, under "Medical examination", saying "Individuals applying for adjustment of status through a USCIS service center, the applicant should include medical examination report with the application, unless he is a refugee."

Thanks for your immediate attention.

aanl

Hope this helps. All asylum based application should be mailed to Nebraska Service center.

Asylees Filing for Permanent Resident Status
Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is used to adjust the status of asylees to that of a permanent resident. Applicants must have been physically present in the United States in asylee status for at least a total of one year prior to filing the Form I-485.

The asylee should file a Form I-485 with the following supporting documentation (in this order):

Fingerprint fee (this fee applies to applicants who are from 14 years of age or older)
I-485 filing fee
G-28, if applicable, signed by the attorney (or authorized representative) and the applicant. Facsimile signature stamps are acceptable for the signature of the representatives. However, applicants must sign the Form G-28 submitted with the application in the original.
I-485, signed. Box "d" of Part 2 of the application should be marked. If the applicant is an Iraqi who processed through Guam, also write "IRAQI/GUAM" in the margin.
2 photos in an envelope stapled to lower left corner. The name of the applicant and A-number, if known, should be lightly written in pencil on the back of each photo. Details on photo size, etc, may be found in the form instructions.
Evidence of Asylee Status. Evidence might include a copy of Form I-94 and a clear, readable copy of the letter granting asylum. If alien was initially given conditional asylum, submit evidence to show that the conditions have been removed. See Resistance to Coercive Population Control (CPC) Programs for more information.
I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver on Grounds of Excludability, if applicable
Evidence of one year’s physical presence in the United States. Please keep physical presence evidence to an absolute minimum. Evidence might include a letter of employment, a lease, school enrollment records, or similar documentation, which would cover broad periods of time.
Proof of any absences from the U.S. since you have been granted asylum. For example: photocopies of pages in refugee travel document or passport.
Birth Certificate or other birth record
Proof of any legal name change you have obtained since you were granted asylum status
I-693 Medical with Vaccination Supplement. Only a civil surgeon designated by USCIS to conduct medical examinations may complete the Form I-693 and the vaccination supplement submitted with it. Call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to locate civil surgeons (doctors) where you live.