I 485 and prior travelling - how to file?

romashka

Registered Users (C)
Hello to everyone,

I hope someone can give me advice on how to fill out the greencard application in this case:
I travelled abroad using a travel document after being granted asylum, and therefore did not use any I94s or visas. The greencard application is asking for
- the date of last arrival,
-I94,
-non-immigrant visa number, and
-consulate where visa was issued
- date visa was issued.
I assume this is all in regards to the most recent entry into the USA. Another way to see it is to indicate the date of LAST entry and the numbers of the visas and I94 issued when I ORIGINALLY entered the country...

What is the correct way to fill out the paperwork in this case? Thank you so much in advance.

Date of last arrival? The date you last entered the U.S.
-I94? Not Applicable (i.e. N/A)
-non-immigrant visa number? N/A
-consulate where visa was issued? N/A
- date visa was issued? N/A

Date of last arrival? The date you last entered the U.S.
-I94? Not Applicable (i.e. N/A)
-non-immigrant visa number? N/A
-consulate where visa was issued? N/A
- date visa was issued? N/A

Thanks senowen for the answers but I think romashka should fill the I-94 field, right? :) :)

Exactly... I think he should put the number of the last one he got "which will be the one he got after granting asylum" and not writing N/A

remember that he will send a copy of the I-94 with his Green Card application

I concur that it does not really matter. They will see that you are an asylee. Many questions on the adjustment application form are really for people applying under section 245 (I personally think DHS should have a separate from for refugee and asylee adjustment).

Thank you all for the answers, :)I am planning to attach a copy of the new I94, however it does NOT have any numbers, it probably makes sense to put "N/A" in that field...