I-140 Waiting from 03/20/02

sirisha76

Hi sirisha76,
A written decision doesn't mean they came to a decision nor your case got rejected. It only means that they will let you know their final decision in writing, based on the response to the RFE.
In a funny way, INS is saying that you utilised the one oppurtunity they gave you to clarify certain things which are not clear on the petition and now you keep sweating until we decide your fate. I am in the same boat. I have exactly the same message for my case. So lets hope to hear some good news.

RFE processing times

Based on my knowledge, I think all the RFE cases were decided within 3 to 4 weeks max after INS receives response to RFE notice. There is an exception here. If someone takes too long to respond to RFE notice, say 60 to 75 days, there is a possibility that INS will take it's own time to pull out the case file again for resuming the process. So it is wise to push the lawyers and the sponsoring company to respond back to INS within 45 days, for quick results. That's my personal opinion. That's what I did.

my rd is june 25. one of the attorneys that i talked to is sying they are going to approve 140 and 485 together ifthey have been filed concurrently. ?
any comments

dev,

My 140 RD was 07/05. I filed 485 on RD 09/03 with 140 receipt .
And got the Approval of 140 on 11/07