I-140 Time in CA

functionalalert

Registered Users (C)
Can some kind person please tell me how long the I-140 's are taking (alien of advanced ability) category . the report i saw said they are priocessingf jul10 cases on july 15 meaning the cases are almost current. am i reading this right or has the INS/BCIS
finally succeeded in making me lose it

does this mean my i-140 will come in 1 month? just filed.

I am in same boat

let's keep in touch. Here is my email juliuschen_99@yahoo.com

My I-140 reciept notice date Aug. 07, 03. I am in category 140D (professional with advanced degree). I have no idea how long it will take either: there is only 2 weeks or so between reciept date and case assignment date, based on Aug. 1st CA Center processing time report. But others are telling me it could take 8 to 12 months. Not sure if 8 to 12 months are based on experience from other BCIS service centers.

I did not file concurrent filing. Did you?

Mingjing

pretty much current

Hi,

My RD is Aug 1st and ND is Aug 4th. the status on immigration.com for I-140 D says they are processing 17th July, that means its another month to touch our applications. Is that true?

So, if there is no RFE, we should have I-140 in hand in couple of months.

unbelievable.

It seems the concurrent filing is taking more time, mine is concurrent, so I guess I have to play the waiting game.

Last edited by a moderator:
did not file concurrent because

attorney strongly recomemnded not to due to too many rfe on conc cases ans said to take 1 step at a time

when will this end? :rolleyes:

rk4gc,mingjiang
How did you guys find the RD/ND?
My attorney submitted application in beginning of august. I didn't receive any paper yet? what should I do?

Thanks,
Desi145

I recived a copy of I-140 reciept from my lawyer about 2 weeks after filing.

the reciept has all ND, and RD.

RD and ND

Got receipts notices from Attorney. They contain RD and ND dates for each doc.

Hi rk4gc,mingjiang,
I received my receipt as well. my ND is aug 8th. I am in EB2 category and didn't file 485. Planning for CP instead, if 140 gets cleared early.

the online status says its taking between 158 and 60 days...do you get the same message?

Thanks,
Desi145

My ND is July 9th. The online status says "its taking between 158 and 60 days". It is strange. It should say "between 60 and 158 days"

Still waiting. Good luck!

CG

Originally posted by desi145
Hi rk4gc,mingjiang,
I received my receipt as well. my ND is aug 8th. I am in EB2 category and didn't file 485. Planning for CP instead, if 140 gets cleared early.

the online status says its taking between 158 and 60 days...do you get the same message?

Thanks,
Desi145

Originally posted by cguo43
My ND is July 9th. The online status says "its taking between 158 and 60 days". It is strange. It should say "between 60 and 158 days"

Still waiting. Good luck!

CG

I think emphasis is on "158 days" :cool:

no RD yet

Hi..

My 140&485 papers were sent on 09/22 but I haven't rcvd receipt dates yet..whats up with that? is it due to this 'prima facie review'? whats the normal time for receipt date?

submitted with original labor cert..been with same company..EB2...

thanks

Does somebody know why the 158-60 days may be changed to 270-300 days for I-140 with LC substitution for "skilled worker or professional".

My I-140 was filed at the end of December 2002. At the August BCIS got responce on their request and put information about that onto on-line status. But the couple of days ago they changed time-frame from 158-60 to 270-300 days.

Did somebody else got his/her time-frame changed in the same manner?

From what time to count that days: from date when I-140 was filed?
Or from the time last response was gotten?

doea anyone know what is going on in bcis ca
first the i-140 processing time was 30 days and msg said between 158 and 60 days

now msg says 270-300 days

can someone please help us in the interest of fairness and democracy