I-140 RFE - Experience Letters - Help Please

luckyandcurious

Registered Users (C)
My Lawyer got a RFE letter from USCIS about the Experience Letters.

I really need a help and please attach any sample letters that you have.

Here is the actual RFE:

"Submit evidence that the alien obtained the required experience in the job offered or related occupation before May, 2003. Evidence of experience must be in the form of letter(s) from current or former employer(s) giving the name, address, and title of the employer and a description of the experience of the alien, including specific dates of the employment and specific duties.submission of you experience letters"

If anybody got this kind of query and how practically you solved this. I appreciate your quick response on this.

Hi luckyandcurious,
I have received the Same RFE last week (06/22/05) . My lawyer has told me to get the experience letters from my previous employer in India in the specified format with detailed experience on my roles and responsibility along with technologies I have worked on. Problem is one of the companies which I was working at has closed down.Other option he has said to get a notarized experience letter from one of my previous managers.

Can you please share your experience and guide me how you had resolved this problem and where your case is presently.

Hi,

I had a similar RFE and as required by my attorney I obtained notarized experience letters from my Bank in India, company in Sharjah and previous and current employers in the US and got it approved within 3 days of my Response receipt.

Mine was a substitute labor EB2 11/04. Waiting for 485 approval.

Similar case RFE ...

Send the Experince letters along with the Resume;
Approved within couple of weeks
Let me know if you have issues getting experience letters from the employer if taht is the case you can get from your x-Co-wokers too bu make sure that you get it notralized.... if you need formats let me know.

Good luck
Arun

I sent documents for my I-140 RFE for Experience Letters just two days ago.

I sent experience letters from previous employers where I was able to get and others I sent notarized originals from previous project managers and project leads. I am waiting for my approval.

Status

luckyandcurious,
Have you received any updates for your case from INS as yet. Based on your letter it looks that you had mailed all your documents about 4 weeks back.
PLease update us regarding the same.

Thanks and Goodluck
trackGCStatus

luckyandcurious said:
I sent documents for my I-140 RFE for Experience Letters just two days ago.

I sent experience letters from previous employers where I was able to get and others I sent notarized originals from previous project managers and project leads. I am waiting for my approval.

I am worried about the exprience letter issue. The company I worked for before closed down and I am unable to obtain an experience letter. My lawyer said that I should try and get atleast 2 affidavits detailing my job duties from my co-workers that worked with me in that company. He also asked me to get a self-affidavit explaining the reasons for my inability to obtain the experience letter. I have been able to locate only one of my colleagues who has given me such an affidavit. Also, I am sending in all my paystubs and W-2 forms from this company, an employment verification letter that was issued to me during my work at this company, my H1B petition that the company filed for me that talked about my job duties etc. etc. Will all this be enough in leiu of the experience letter itself. One of my lawyers said that there is chance of rejection because I only have an affidavit from one of my co-workers. Can someone provide an input on this please? Thank you.

RFE 140 Experience letter

I got RFE for I 140. Can some one give me the proper format for experience letter ? If I am not able to get from my previous company, I may have to get from collegues. I dont have proper format. Could someone give me that format?
I will appreciate any help on that.

Sumeet_titu said:
I got RFE for I 140. Can some one give me the proper format for experience letter ? If I am not able to get from my previous company, I may have to get from collegues. I dont have proper format. Could someone give me that format?
I will appreciate any help on that.

Sumeet,

was ur 140 filed in nebraska (LIN)?

If yes whats ur receipt date and when did u get ur RFE?

Thanks

please help!!!

Hi all,
I am about to file my I140. But my attorney, is asking me to submit the experience letter stating all the job duties, duration of work, salary, project undergone....

But I am not able to get from my previous employer. So, my attorney suggested to give an Affidavit of Experience letter from my ex coworker or self affidavit.

Please if any one, send me sample affidavit,as to how to do it, I really appreciate.

thanks,
pmp2005

Please Help.. Rfe On I140 .... Nebraska

got my rfe yesterday from my lawyer.. and rfe is regarding my w2 from 2002-2005, anyway the problem is the company have gave me a 1099 for a sister company.. and now im just wodering how can i resolve this matter..im planning to ammend my tax for 2002 to convert the 1099 to w2.. will that help.. ?? please hellp.. is there anyone out there that have same situation that i am going thru.. please do give suggestions.. thanks in advance.. :confused:

Can anyone tell how long it takes for RFE to reach Attorney office from the date when it is issued by USCIS, for My I-140 Premium Processing RFE was sent on 02/09/07 (As per online message)

kgp

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 and Experience Letters

Dear Friends:

I worked for an international bank in a small country for about 12+ years in different positions and resigned later. Their letters to me on various promotions; they just gave promotional titles but no job descriptions were given. My EB-2 PERM's internal process where I am working right now is complete and ready to file ETA9089. Now for e-filing of ETA9089 my current bank lawyer would not file it though it gets approved within few days but for I-140 he wants to make sure that I get a reference letter with job descriptions spelled out, before he files ETA9089. FYI,l he is my company lawyer. The bank where I worked earlier for 12+ years closed down its operations in that country 3 years ago from today but after 4/5 years after I left the bank.

I have no access to my colleagues or bosses as I tried.

Now, what are other alternatives in lieu of the proposed descriptive letter to satisfy a probable I-140 demand, if any or to satisfy my lawyers demand for now so that he files my ETA9089 and I-140 with comfort and without issues.

Need some expert advices as I am in a desperate need of it and I need to figure out in next couple of days.

I thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

Best regards, Mad

Last edited by a moderator:
Kgp

I also received a RFE today (02/12/07) from Texas Center. I called up the customer service number and they told me that it was not possible to know the documents requested for in the RFE till you receive it.

However, on the I-140 application towards the bottom (page-7) they do ask if you would like to know the RFE through mail or fax. I will try calling my attorney to see if they received anything.

Thanks

gc_when,
Have you checked the online message on the USCIS site? what is the date there, when the RFE was sent from USCIS?

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Kgp

gc_when? said:
I also received a RFE today (02/12/07) from Texas Center. I called up the customer service number and they told me that it was not possible to know the documents requested for in the RFE till you receive it.

However, on the I-140 application towards the bottom (page-7) they do ask if you would like to know the RFE through mail or fax. I will try calling my attorney to see if they received anything.

Thanks

got my rfe yesterday from my lawyer.. and rfe is regarding my w2 from 2002-2005, anyway the problem is the company have gave me a 1099 for a sister company.. and now im just wodering how can i resolve this matter..im planning to ammend my tax for 2002 to convert the 1099 to w2.. will that help.. ?? please hellp.. is there anyone out there that have same situation that i am going thru.. please do give suggestions.. thanks in advance.. :confused:

W-2? Did someone ask you to file W2s for i140? My lawyer's checklist doesn't have W2 in it. Do we need to?

I-140 RFE on Experience Letter from Previous employer

Hi guys,
I had the same query on my DOL. The company has closed down and I dont have any contact with my collogues. So, I submitted a letter from one of my friends on a plain paper and got DOL approved.

Now on I-140, they have raised the same issue that we need the letter on company letter head. Since the company has closed down, how am I am supposed to get the company letter head.. i am workin on this issue, as soon I get some updates i wlll publish here...

If any one of you had the same experiece, plz advise me how to handle this?

-gc03