I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
HI NYC2001,
from your signature i noticed that you got a RFE on 2/21 then a LUD on 2/26. I was just wondering if the LUD resulted from issuing of the RFE or your response to the RFE? 5 days for you to receive and reply to your RFE? I got an email about RFE on 1/31 and the lawyer told me that they got it in mail on 2/6. and i only had one LUD on 1/31 ever since. I want to find out if I would get a LUD after responding to a RFE, or you will only get one after the final decision is made.
thanks!

I had no idea what LUD was until recently. So i apologize for my ignorance but I noticed a LUD after we received the RFE. The RFE was issued on 2/21 and my lawyer recd. it on 2/23. Since the weekend came in between, they are hoping to answer back today, so I am not sure why the LUD happened because my response has not been submitted yet.

Mine is PP so I am hoping they will be kind and not issue any more RFE's.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GC_Dec2002,
Mine PD in EB3 is NOV 2002 and I want to apply for new PERM labor in EB2 and port earlier EB3 date, Can you pls give some suggestions as per you have mentioned in your post.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Does anybody utilized the following option: If yes let me know I have some good suggestions.

Transfer of the Earlier Priority Date : EB3 to New EB2 ©MurthyDotCom

The ability to transfer priority dates from an earlier, approved, I-140 to a later-filed I-140 could provide an alternative for job mobility, both within the current employer's organization or with a new employer. This would be helpful for those who want to make a change but are not eligible to file the I-485 application because of retrogression. It also could help people who are eligible to change from an EB3 classification to EB2. One would be eligible to request a transfer of the priority date from the earlier-filed EB3 petition to a new EB2 petition once the I-140 is approved. The new EB2 petition would need to be based upon a new LC for a position requiring the EB2 level of education and/or experience. (Over time, many people with EB3 cases have become eligible for EB2 cases due to increased experience and/or education, and promotions.)
©MurthyDotCom
This strategy potentially could shave off a few years in the queue for available immigrant visa numbers. This may be particularly appealing to those who had EB3 labor certifications filed on their behalf long ago and have had their cases pending while they have gained advanced degrees, acquired several more years of experience, and/or are offered jobs at higher levels. Keep in mind, though, that this involves filing a whole new LC under the PERM system for a new job opportunity and that the employer must actually require the additional degree and/or experience for all persons holding that job classification in order for the new case to be filed as EB2.

NY EB2 I-140 Regular approved

NY RIR LC PD Oct 2002 , AD - May 2006
I140 ND 08/08/2006 , LUD 08/12/2006 , AD- 02/28/2007
I-485 ND 08/08/2008, FP 10/26/2006, LUD 10/27/2006, AD - ??

Guys -- does anybody have an idea of how to find out if /how my name check progress. USCIS hotline doesnt give any info

JW.. your estimation seems to work like charm.

Thanks to all and GOD!!

Back in the Madhouse

Its been a while since i posted as the process became too frustrating and drained all my energy.

I saw some old friends here from the Philly Backlog Saga here.....good to see you guys out of that mess.

Have attempted to update my signature and hopefully that xplains it all.

p.s

i also dont know what LUDs r :)

So the original case got closed because the attoprney got debarred somehow (i didnt know about it till the case got closed). So I asked the new attorney not to pursue that n e more and have closed this case.

In the new case after the perm got approved the department head refused to pay the prevailing wage.....that held up the filing for a few weeks........eventually i got into ALL IN mode, threatened to resign rather than file a new perm, and eventually they relented.

Hi,

I am EB2. I was checking NS center for processing dates. Cant figure out correctly..It seems they are processing July19th for Advanced Degree. I have seen people here with August date and processeed for EB2.. I am confuse.

Hi,

I am EB2. I was checking NS center for processing dates. Cant figure out correctly..It seems they are processing July19th for Advanced Degree. I have seen people here with August date and processeed for EB2.. I am confuse.

the dates r just an estimate

my 765 & 131 both got approved a couple of weeks before they caught up with the dates on the website

Thank you NYC2001

Hi NYC2001,
thank you very much for replying my message. I got an email about a RFE being issued on 1/31, I then logged on and check the status and saw a LUD on the same day. then on 2/1 i logged in again, the LUD became 2/1, on 2/6 my lawer received the paper RFE in mail. and I never saw any LUD since 2/1. Today I called my lawyer and he told me that they mailed the response out this moring thru fedex. (can you believe that it actually took them an entire month to get back?? i fedexed all the suporting doc to them on 8th, sigh) so now i am wondering if there will be a LUD upon receipt of the response. or there won't be one till they actually pick up the case and decide whether to deny or approve. my case is regular filling, RD in early July. thanks for sharing.
good luck and god bless us all.

I had no idea what LUD was until recently. So i apologize for my ignorance but I noticed a LUD after we received the RFE. The RFE was issued on 2/21 and my lawyer recd. it on 2/23. Since the weekend came in between, they are hoping to answer back today, so I am not sure why the LUD happened because my response has not been submitted yet.

Mine is PP so I am hoping they will be kind and not issue any more RFE's.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks!

Rfe

Hi NYC2001,
thank you very much for replying my message. I got an email about a RFE being issued on 1/31, I then logged on and check the status and saw a LUD on the same day. then on 2/1 i logged in again, the LUD became 2/1, on 2/6 my lawer received the paper RFE in mail. and I never saw any LUD since 2/1. Today I called my lawyer and he told me that they mailed the response out this moring thru fedex. (can you believe that it actually took them an entire month to get back?? i fedexed all the suporting doc to them on 8th, sigh) so now i am wondering if there will be a LUD upon receipt of the response. or there won't be one till they actually pick up the case and decide whether to deny or approve. my case is regular filling, RD in early July. thanks for sharing.
good luck and god bless us all.

I think i got an LUD earlier also on the date that the RFE was issued, but since I wasn't paying attention I could be wrong.
Well I hear you when you say it took them so long to reply. My response is to go out today by FedEX too, so lets hope and see how long it takes and if it will get approved without any more hiccups.
It took my lawyer a week to respond even though mine is PP, and its sad how much time we lose just waiting. I just hope they got it right this time.

What are your case details? Would be good to know.

Good luck to you too!
Let's wait and watch!

I have a EB3 140 approval from my current employer. The PD is DEC 2002. So I filed another PERM/140 in EB2 with a future employer. When filing the second 140, we attached a copy of first 140 approval and requested that the earlier PD be ported. I will have to wait for the approval in mail to see if it is ported..

Thanks.

Hi,

I just want to know what are the basis of applying another LC for EB2 if you already have EB3. Can we just apply it base on our degree and experience of more than 10 years or should be a requirement of the company? IS EB2 position sepecific or solely based on your qualifications?

EB2/EB3 is decided based on the position requirements. Our experince should qualify the position requirements.

Hi,

I just want to know what are the basis of applying another LC for EB2 if you already have EB3. Can we just apply it base on our degree and experience of more than 10 years or should be a requirement of the company? IS EB2 position sepecific or solely based on your qualifications?

Rfe

I had sent you a private message.
cheers,
I think i got an LUD earlier also on the date that the RFE was issued, but since I wasn't paying attention I could be wrong.
Well I hear you when you say it took them so long to reply. My response is to go out today by FedEX too, so lets hope and see how long it takes and if it will get approved without any more hiccups.
It took my lawyer a week to respond even though mine is PP, and its sad how much time we lose just waiting. I just hope they got it right this time.

What are your case details? Would be good to know.

Good luck to you too!
Let's wait and watch!

I-140 Approved.....thanks to this forum for all the valuable information . Best of luck to everyone.

LC State: NY
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB3
LC PD: 2004
I-140 Receipt Date (RD): 06/05/06
I-140 Notice Date (ND): 06/05/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 06/07/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 07/29/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/08/07
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/09/07
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/10/07
RFE mailed out on 01/09/07
RFE received on 01/15/07
RFE replied and submitted on 02/22/07
I-140 approval email sent on: 03/01/07
I-140 Approval Date (AD): 02/28/07
Concurrent filing (Yes/No): No

EB2/EB3 is decided based on the position requirements. Our experince should qualify the position requirements.

Hi ram_n_ram,

Could you please let us know when ever you get the approval notice in your hand, whether your priority date from EB3 was successfully ported to EB2 or not. I'm also contemplating this same option, but with my current employer itself.

Thanks.

question for shivany

Hi shivany,
congratulations! I have a question for you regarding the RFE (actually NYC2001 and I both got a RFE and replied yesterday, so this might benefit both of us). I noticed in your posts that you had a RFE and submitted the response on 2/22 and then got your approval on 2/28. before the approval email on 3/1, did you get any LUD or status update indicating that the response was received? thanks and good luck!

I-140 Approved.....thanks to this forum for all the valuable information . Best of luck to everyone.

LC State: NY
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB3
LC PD: 2004
I-140 Receipt Date (RD): 06/05/06
I-140 Notice Date (ND): 06/05/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 06/07/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 07/29/06
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/08/07
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/09/07
I-140 Last Update Date (LUD): 01/10/07
RFE mailed out on 01/09/07
RFE received on 01/15/07
RFE replied and submitted on 02/22/07
I-140 approval email sent on: 03/01/07
I-140 Approval Date (AD): 02/28/07
Concurrent filing (Yes/No): No

Hi shivany,
congratulations! I have a question for you regarding the RFE (actually NYC2001 and I both got a RFE and replied yesterday, so this might benefit both of us). I noticed in your posts that you had a RFE and submitted the response on 2/22 and then got your approval on 2/28. before the approval email on 3/1, did you get any LUD or status update indicating that the response was received? thanks and good luck!

Yes, there was a new message on the 26th stating that RFE info was received and processing had resumed.

what happens to PD if the company office relocates?

hi all

any advice/ information apperciated on following scenario. I did not know exactly where to post this as I could not find possible answers to my situation

I am India EB3 PD of Dec 2002. Currently labor and I-140 approved. already got next 3 years extension beyond my 6 years till June 2009. Now comapny is likely to relocate to east coast from west coast. they already have a office there so will merge both offices. I will have to file everything from beginning right? labor, I-140 etc? My question is when I get that labor and I 140 (will try for EB2 there but whatever category) if they completely close the west coast office does my PD have any meaning? evenif they don't revoke I-140( since its same company there is no chance that they will do that) if there is no office anymore what happens to the I-140....
Losing PD will be a big disaster. even if I manage EB2 there I will be left with 2008 PD. Not to mention I will have to make sure I file in time for next extension.

anybody been thru this?

thanks in advance
dhm2002

hi all

any advice/ information apperciated on following scenario. I did not know exactly where to post this as I could not find possible answers to my situation

I am India EB3 PD of Dec 2002. Currently labor and I-140 approved. already got next 3 years extension beyond my 6 years till June 2009. Now comapny is likely to relocate to east coast from west coast. they already have a office there so will merge both offices. I will have to file everything from beginning right? labor, I-140 etc? My question is when I get that labor and I 140 (will try for EB2 there but whatever category) if they completely close the west coast office does my PD have any meaning? evenif they don't revoke I-140( since its same company there is no chance that they will do that) if there is no office anymore what happens to the I-140....
Losing PD will be a big disaster. even if I manage EB2 there I will be left with 2008 PD. Not to mention I will have to make sure I file in time for next extension.

anybody been thru this?

thanks in advance
dhm2002
i don't even think you have to redo labor/140 if you already passed this stage.....as long as you are with same company ,,same job profile...and if location changes...then you shouldn;t have to do any thing again

Atleast that's what my lawyer has told me as I was in same boat...infact I have already changed state since I filed my labor and my i140 isn't even approved yet