i 140 is approved

rajus

Registered Users (C)
if my i 140 is approved,Iam planning to file i 485 ...should i have to file i 140 again for my wife or just add her name in i 485 application?

Here is my answer to your PM and I appreciate if you could post here then me and athers can give you feedbacks which will be better than one opinion. Additionally if you can post your case as a whole in one post, this may be better. You have three posts close to each other, one I140 approved, the other I140 withdrawn and the third is change employer. I think this is one and common issue in this subforum. Good luck

rajus said:
I have the following questions,I request you to please answer them.

1.if my i 140 is approved,Iam planning to file i 485 ...should i have to file i 140 again for my wife or just add her name in i 485 application?
2.if i transfer jobs(h1), can my old company still process my 140/485.please let me knowif
3.if file FOIA because my i lost I 140 receipt ,how long does it.
4.I cant reopen a old i 140(more than a year back), but that case is affecting every other case of mine, what should i do?

I did not understand your questions well but I will try to answer
1- You have to write your wife's name in your I485 application and she should have separate I485 for her with her own fees, her own medical exam and she also should write your name as spouse in her application. You can put both applications (I485 belonging to you and her I485 in the same package)
2- Any one can process your applications, old or new employer, what the USCIS want is someone who pay the fees and fill the applications with the required information
3- I do not think you lost I140 receipt. This is an employer petition (not your petition) and usually employers keep the receipt and give no copy to the employee and every one want a copy. This is not your application (despite the fact that your name is on it). File I485 and you do not need copy from I140, just your A number is enough. If you request copy fro I140 the USCIS will not give you copy
4 Completely I can not understand the question and I think the above answers may address this question

Another I-140 is not needed for your wife. Both I-485s can be filed based on the same I-140 (with her as the dependent, you as the primary applicant).

Hi mmed and Jackolantern,

Do you guys have expirience with CRU department in Nebraska?
My case is there now. They administ. closed case for derivative 1.5 year ago. Nether my attern. no me did not know , we did not recieve any notice. They told us to refile this particular application (derivative). We did it. Maybe you know how long it can take.
Thanks in advance.