I-140, I-485 concurrent filing no longer valid after 06/30?

happy_always20

Registered Users (C)
I am using a substitute labor whose priority date was 08/30/01 (EB3). My attonery told me that in order to file I-140 and I-485 concurrent, I have to submit files and get RECEIVE RECEIPT date before 06/30/05 due to the new regulations. Does any body know more detail about that regulations? My attorney mentioned that after June 30th deadline, I can file I-140 only and my priority date will no longer be counted.

I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrent yesterday. Fedex tracking shows it has been delivered to the immigration office in the morning of 06/29. Is that suppose my receipt date be on 06/29? Or it will be several days delay between package arrives immigration office Vs assign my receipt date? I do not know whether the 06/30 deadline means the date package be delivered or the actual receipt date be assigned.

Thank you for your information.

IsOctoberTHEmonth?

Hi, I am not sure if that's true. As for as I know and read from other sites, it's required to file before June 30, not that you should receive receipts by June 30. Go to www.shusterman.com and the new ticker has the info.

happy_always20 said:
I am using a substitute labor whose priority date was 08/30/01 (EB3). My attonery told me that in order to file I-140 and I-485 concurrent, I have to submit files and get RECEIVE RECEIPT date before 06/30/05 due to the new regulations. Does any body know more detail about that regulations? My attorney mentioned that after June 30th deadline, I can file I-140 only and my priority date will no longer be counted.

I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrent yesterday. Fedex tracking shows it has been delivered to the immigration office in the morning of 06/29. Is that suppose my receipt date be on 06/29? Or it will be several days delay between package arrives immigration office Vs assign my receipt date? I do not know whether the 06/30 deadline means the date package be delivered or the actual receipt date be assigned.

Thank you for your information.

It is not a new rule. But related to the date of applying your Labor. Since your Labor pretty old you should be able to file I-485 in October. Wait for visa bulletin for September. Search this site on the word 'Retrogression' you will get more details.

tammy2 said:
Since your Labor pretty old you should be able to file I-485 in October. Wait for visa bulletin for September. Search this site on the word 'Retrogression' you will get more details.

Since Fedex says that USCIS received the I-140/485 package on 6/29, he should be just fine.