I-140 filing without LC

My attorneys sent me the list of documents to file 485, seems they dont have problem filing. Worst case, it will get rejected. I think we can file again.

It's been 6 months + 3 days since my I-140 was filed (without LC), and I have not heard anything yet, not even a RFE. On June 11, I finally filed my I-485, and so far it has not been rejected due to the lack of LC in I-140. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
receipt?

Did u receive the 485 filing receipt?

It's been 6 months + 3 days since my I-140 was filed (without LC), and I have not heard anything yet, not even a RFE. On June 11, I finally filed my I-485, and so far it has not been rejected due to the lack of LC in I-140. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No I have not, that's why I am keeping my fingers crossed...there's also been no movement on the I-140 either.

good news

Hi, Guys, just want to share the good news with you, my I140 is approved and i got the email from INS today. My case receipt date is Feb. 26, so you guys' cases will be there soon. cheers!

hi,PBEC_Victim,

I am a PBEC victim too. :)
I filed my LC in 2002 July and it went to PBEC, at 2006 Oct, i got my Labor approved, but bad news was that the document is lost. so at Feb 2007, lawyer filed I140 with duplicated labor request for me without I485. today i got the email for INS(Texas center) say it is approved.

another PBEC victim

Hi Shoutout,

Did you get any I-140 RFE? I applied the same way but got RFE and after that no progress.

Thanks

hi,PBEC_Victim,

I am a PBEC victim too. :)
I filed my LC in 2002 July and it went to PBEC, at 2006 Oct, i got my Labor approved, but bad news was that the document is lost. so at Feb 2007, lawyer filed I140 with duplicated labor request for me without I485. today i got the email for INS(Texas center) say it is approved.

another PBEC victim

Good News

Hello All,
I also wanted to share the good news that my I-140 got approved today. I got the email from INS. I am a victim of the PBEC, and my labor approval copy was lost in the mail.

My case detail.
Labor Filed Date: 3/22/2002
Labor Approved: 08/29/2005 but came to know of that in 06/2006.
Did not receive the labor copy. Lawyer was wandering around 6 months and could not find a clue of what to do. I found the rule of filing the I-140 on the INS website.

I-140 Received Date: 3/14/2007.
I-140 Approved Dtae: 6/26/2007.

Hope the endless suffering created by BEC will soon end for all of us.

Thanks!

labor_mania

Congratulation for your approval.

Was your I-140 in Texas center?

So far, I haven't seen any case in Nebraska center with duplicate labor request got approved.

-K

Hello All,
I also wanted to share the good news that my I-140 got approved today. I got the email from INS. I am a victim of the PBEC, and my labor approval copy was lost in the mail.

My case detail.
Labor Filed Date: 3/22/2002
Labor Approved: 08/29/2005 but came to know of that in 06/2006.
Did not receive the labor copy. Lawyer was wandering around 6 months and could not find a clue of what to do. I found the rule of filing the I-140 on the INS website.

I-140 Received Date: 3/14/2007.
I-140 Approved Dtae: 6/26/2007.

Hope the endless suffering created by BEC will soon end for all of us.

Thanks!

With the latest July Retrogression fiasco (I guess AILA is going to sue the DOS), I think all these USCIS centers have become too trigger happy in rejecting cases. My priority date of 9/25/03 became current for the month of June when the retrogression date jumped to 6/1/05, we filed the I-485 on 6/11/07. Today (7/5/07), my lawyer informed me that my I-485 was rejected back to him. Attached is a cover letter citing we filed without the retrogression date being current. My lawyer sent the package straight back to TSC the same day stating ERRONEOUS REJECTION - PRIORITY DATE IS CURRENT.

Filing 140 with copy of original

Gurus,

After seeing status as certified for months and prodding lawyer and company to contact PBEC, we have finally received a "copy" of the "original" LC. i.e. lawyer has received. Questions to gurus is --

1. I will be filing 140 with copy and a request to get duplicate, but can I convert to PP if/when it is allowed by USCIS?

2. When PD becomes current -- can I file for 485 with this "copy" if in the interim the 140 is not approved?

Thanks in advance for sharing your views.

PD 6/2003.
Labor Certified Online 4/2007
"Copy received" 7/16/2007

Guru,

After seeing status as certified for months and prodding lawyer and company to contact PBEC, we have finally received a "copy" of the "original" LC. i.e. lawyer has received. Questions to gurus is --

1. I will be filing 140 with copy and a request to get duplicate, but can I convert to PP if/when it is allowed by USCIS?

2. When PD becomes current -- can I file for 485 with this "copy" if in the interim the 140 is not approved?

Thanks in advance for sharing your views.

PD 6/2003.
Labor Certified Online 4/2007
"Copy received" 7/16/2007

After 7 months of I-140 filing without LC, we received a RFE on July 19th, asking for the LC. So my lawyer sent the cover page stating the LC was never revceived + employer notification letter + DOL's own FAQ regarding what to do when LC is miising, back to TSC. I told him to also briefly explain that we HAD made numerous efforts in trying the get the LC ourselves from PBEC but to no avail, but he said it's pointless to mention that. Keeping my fingers crossed...what's common sense to an ordinary person may not be common sense to a government pencil pusher...

Surprisingly my lawyer received the original labor yesterday.

I had applied 140 on 14th March 07 with request for duplicate labor. It is still pending. I filed 485 on July 2nd, no receipt yet. The attorney is planning to retain the original labor should USCIS ask for it. They say if they send the original to USCIS without a request for evidence, it is likely that the correspondence will be lost.

Please advice.

No, don't send anything unless they send a RFE. Because with the RFE, there is also a 2nd page, which you have to attach with whatever the evidence you are sending back. The 2nd page has a Receipt#, A# and the Officer#. Without the 2nd page, they wouldn't know where to direct your package to and your LC will get lost.

You are lucky at least you got your LC, mine is permanently lost.

I140 Approved

Hi Guys,

My I140 got Approved today I had LUD on 08/05, 08/10, 08/12 and today I got the email that approval notice being sent.After all the frustration and anxiety, I am so happy today. I wish all of you very best in this situation.

my case details:
EB2 PD Dec 2002
Labor Approved Oct 2006 (Original labor certificate never received)
I40 RD Jan 16 2007(wIth duplicate request)
I140 RFE March 28th 2007(asking for Original)
I40 RFE Reply Jun 16th 2007(Was trying to get the original from DOL so desperately, so took almost 3 months to reply , DOL sent a letter to my lawyer saying my case is certified and Original will be to sent USCIS)
I40 AD Aug 13 2007
I485 applied on August 3rd 2007