I-140 filing without LC

lost GC in mail

Hello All,
I am in the same boat as u guys. My LC got approved in Dec2006 EB2 priority date Nov 2002 but the law form said that they never received it. Finally after 3 months of waiting they filed for my I-140 with lost LC option and request for duplicate LC. While filing Lawer said they cannot predict the time frame for its approval. The only worry is that , LC was filed in a company A , and was acquired by company B which spun out to company C and a part of it was acquired by Company D. All this long i was in the same position doing sam job. With all these mess i am really worried when my 140 will be approved and file my 485. Please keep this thread alive by posting further updates

thanks

suxs

Yes, same here...no one knows, now how long does this process take. Also, we cannot discount that the companies might be playing games to make people stay like this.

Anyone in this group, did your I-140 got approved with the request for duplicate copy of labor? I applied on January 15th and today i got an email saying that they have sent an RFE notice. Does it mean that they got the labor certificate from DOL? or this is the first step before requesting the labor copy? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hey ssp123,

I filed my 140 on Jan 10 2007. I haven't received any communication from Texas Service Center other than the acknowledged receipt. Since you got a RFE, does that mean they are processing Jan 2007 cases?

Thanks

I am not sure which month TSC is processing cases. I think its random.

Hey ssp123,

I filed my 140 on Jan 10 2007. I haven't received any communication from Texas Service Center other than the acknowledged receipt. Since you got a RFE, does that mean they are processing Jan 2007 cases?

Thanks

How long it takes for the status to change once you respond to RFE? Its been 10 business days since my lawyer replied to RFE and the USCIS still shows "We mailed you notice requesting additional information"

Thanks,
ssp123

I had one RFE for I-485. My attorney sent the response on Apr. 10, and the online message changed on Apr. 13.

wlj

Happend to see your post here. Was your I-140 approved? Was it a case with duplicate LC request? Do you mind telling what is in your I-1485 RFE?

thanks
-K
[
QUOTE=wlj_wzz;1656260]I had one RFE for I-485. My attorney sent the response on Apr. 10, and the online message changed on Apr. 13.[/QUOTE]

Can we file for I485 if the PD is current and I-140 is pending with the request for duplicate labor?

thanks,
ssp123

I had one RFE for I-485. My attorney sent the response on Apr. 10, and the online message changed on Apr. 13.

Theoritically you can not, Practically you can. You can find bunch of the people here have done it without any issue.

Can we file for I485 if the PD is current and I-140 is pending with the request for duplicate labor?

thanks,
ssp123

Thanks Kahada, My attorney is just refusing to file for I485 saying it is not possible. I need to convince her saying its possible, let me see how it goes.:rolleyes:

Theoritically you can not, Practically you can. You can find bunch of the people here have done it without any issue.

If the REF is about the ETA-9089 (ETA-750, old form?) , that means the INS got the copy already. i think it is a good news.

From FAQ labor site:

"Once the duplicate certificate ETA-9089 is received by USCIS, the petitioner and/or his representative will be contacted via a Request For Evidence (RFE) notice in order to secure the petitioner's signature on the duplicate certificate. The certificate must be signed by the petitioner before USCIS can accept it for filing purposes.

* Petitioners must send the signed duplicate ETA-9089, along with a copy of the RFE notice requesting the signature. Failure to do so may result in significant delays in processing or denial."

pp555,

Thanks for sending the link. My attorney said USCIS sent RFE asking to submit the original approved labor copy. She replied saying we do not have the original.

So, I do not think USCIS received duplicate copy of labor. It will be a long wait i guess unless some miracle happens.:mad:

ssp123 -
does the RFE mean the USCIS already received the duplicate LC from DOL?
from here: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/faqsanswers.cfm,
USCIS issures RFE when they received the duplicate, so hopefully you will get your 140 approved soon.

can you tell us is it true and how long it takes for request a duplicate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approved!

Just wanted to share my good news: my I-140 is approved. As you may know, I didn't receive my certified LC and had to file I-140 & I-485 with a request for duplicate LC on Dec 28, 2006. I thought I would get a RFE for original LC, but surprisingly no. My case didn't get any update until the day it was approved, Apr 19, 2007. So I guess maybe there's some kind of electronic verification system setup between Labor department and USCIS, so a verification can be done instantly. Anyway, I'm so glad it's over with. Now I'll just sit tight and wait for the 485. Hooray!:D

Congratulations!!!! This is indeed a good news for all of us in this thread. Good luck for your future steps.

Just wanted to share my good news: my I-140 is approved. As you may know, I didn't receive my certified LC and had to file I-140 & I-485 with a request for duplicate LC on Dec 28, 2006. I thought I would get a RFE for original LC, but surprisingly no. My case didn't get any update until the day it was approved, Apr 19, 2007. So I guess maybe there's some kind of electronic verification system setup between Labor department and USCIS, so a verification can be done instantly. Anyway, I'm so glad it's over with. Now I'll just sit tight and wait for the 485. Hooray!:D

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. Your time will come soon. Believe me, i've never been lucky in my whole life. I constantly represent the lower bound of any stat. So if someone like me can pull this off in 4 months, you all can be assured to see the light sooner. Best luck to you all!

Congratulations! That's the first (long awaited) approval posting.

If we file a I-140 with a copy of LC will thos work. My Attorney says he has a copy and not the original LC. If he received the original , only then he can make a copy right ? So what does he mean by having the original and not the copy. Did he loose the original after making a copy ?

Also with a copy we cannot file a Premium processing of I-140 is it ?

Congratulations! That's the first (long awaited) approval posting.

re:

I-140 PD: 12/20/06 (Filed without LC, requested USCIS to contact PBEC directly for certified copy)

My dillima right now is: My I-485 filing priority date is almost near in a month or two, and I think they will also get to my I-140 within 2 months or so. In order to file concurrently, the I-140 cannot be approved (correct me if I am wrong), so I actually kinda wish they don't process my I-140 so as to give me enough time to file I-485, that way, it can still be considered as concurrent filing and I will get to keep the 12/20/06 PD for my I-485. Anyone has any feedbacks?