I-140 filing without LC

Congratualtions ssp123.

When did DOL sent letter to you saying that they will send approved LC to USCIS? Did you request DOL for that or are they responding to USCIS request?

Also where was your LC from PBEC or DBEC?
Thanks

Congratualtions ssp123.

When did DOL sent letter to you saying that they will send approved LC to USCIS? Did you request DOL for that or are they responding to USCIS request?

Also where was your LC from PBEC or DBEC?
Thanks

Thanks PBEC_Victim.
USCIS had asked for original labor certificate and certified date in their RFE and My lawyer contacted DOL many times. Finally one of the officers in DOL told my lawyer they can send the original only to USCIS but they will send a letter , saying my labor has been approved and also the certified date, and upon request DOL will send the original toUSCIS (I dont know the full content of the letter, since it was received by my attorney and she told me only so much), My attorney sent that DOL letter as my RFE reply.

my LC was from PBEC.

hope this helps!

I received the the I-140 approval approval email stating it was approved on 8/10.

My details are in my signature. fyi: I140 and AOS were applied in Nebraska. Never received any RFE (nor the LC).

7 months

its been 7 months now, didnt hear anything about my case. does any1 know if Texas is now catching the NSC bug in processing I-140?

It's been 60+ days since TSC received my reply to the RFE, which merely told them to contact PBEC directly to get my LC. This is the same thing I told them when I filed my I-140 application last December. I attached a coversheet telling them I don't have the LC and don't reject the case, and I sent a copy of the screen shot of approval and the notification letter that was sent to my employer. Yet, I guess reading is not a strong point for some of these people, they came back with a RFE in July asking for the very thing I told them I don't have. They received my response on Aug 1, and the last LUD is Aug 5. Nothing since.

My attorney filed an inquiry on Oct 2nd, after they said there should be some sort of response within 60 days. He got an inquiry "case number", and they told him we should hear something within ANOTHER 45 days. I think by filing an inquiry, we actually gave them an extension to sit on the case for another 45 days, on top of the 60 days which had already passed...and I am sure they will use all 45 days to "investigate" what's going on with the case. I want to start a new thread on this issue using the same message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news.. 485 rejected because of duplicate LC request

I filed 140 and 485 concurrent on 10th Aug when we did not receive the original LC approval. My PD is 5/2003. LC approval (online) was in May 2007. TSC sent the 140 and 485 back with reason - "no original LC". So lawyer is now preparing to file 140. So fed up with these screw ups at PBEC and US Post that I think I am better off elsewhere and not in this country. It has been 8 years here and still this.

Does anyone have any advice or similar story? Can anything be done? My case is EB3 so it appears that there is no chance of getting my PD current.

rajey, so you filed 140 & 485 concurrently with the copy of original LC? What does the copy look like? Does it have an offical seal on it or just a photocopy? Because I filed my 140 & 485 concurrently in May with a copy of the LC but it has an original seal on it although the LC is not the original. TSC did not reject my cases so far, but issued an RFE. It's already been 70 days since they claimed they sent out the RFE, but nobody got it. I'm wondering if the RFE is related to the original LC.

richard,

i dhave not seen the copy so cannot comment. It came to the lawyer and he sent it along with the 140/485 application. Since you have an RFE you should be good.. my case was rejected as soon as they opened the envelope. probably the volume of 300-500K cases filed in June-aug is making them trigger happy to reject on any ground possible.

I never received my labor approval hard copy (approved in October 2006) and after several tries with PBEC could not get anyting, even a copy. So filed I-140 & I-485 concurrently with the covering page explaining did not receive labor approval hard copy on august 17, 2007. Have received receipt only for I485, no idea what is happening with I-140. Am so worried, already in 8th year extension.

Anybody with similar experience, have your I-140 cleared ? (mine is filed in Texas service center).

I-140

My I-140 (labor sub) was filed with a copy of the labor (original was with USCIS from a previous I-140 that was withdrawn) at TSC. I got an RFE for the labor copy and the attorney is in the process of replying.
I think you should be fine...in the worst case you might get an RFE at a later point.
Thanks.

My I-140 (labor sub) was filed with a copy of the labor (original was with USCIS from a previous I-140 that was withdrawn) at TSC. I got an RFE for the labor copy and the attorney is in the process of replying.
I think you should be fine...in the worst case you might get an RFE at a later point.
Thanks.

Hope so!!! Thanks for your reply.
Still waiting for the receipt notice :(

PD - Dec 2002
Oct 2006 - PBEC labor approved
10/19 - Received notices (65 days from Mail Date)
08/16 - Sent I-140/I-485/I-131/I-765 to TSC
EB3 - ROW
I-485: RD 08/17: ND 10/13
I-131: RD 08/17: ND 10/13
I-765: RD 08/17: ND 10/13

I-140 approved

After starting this thread back in January, and after almost 345 days of agonizing waiting and uncertainty, my I-140 is finally approved with the help and push from my congressman's office. Don't think Republican congressmen won't help, mine is Republican.

PD:12/20/06
Noticed Date: 12/02/07

Good for you!

After starting this thread back in January, and after almost 345 days of agonizing waiting and uncertainty, my I-140 is finally approved with the help and push from my congressman's office. Don't think Republican congressmen won't help, mine is Republican.

PD:12/20/06
Noticed Date: 12/02/07

Congratulations! What did you ask the congressman for. I am in the same situation, what should I ask or how should I approach them.

Please share your experience, that will be a great help!!!

After not receiving my LC last year, I simply gave up and filed the I-140 without it, never thought I would EVER see the LC. In July, we received a RFE from TSC asking for the LC, AFTER we told them we don't have it, and they will have to ask PBEC for it themselves. The reply was received on Aug 1, since then, there had been one LUD, on Aug 5, and nothing since.

In mid October, more than 60 days after USCIS said I should be getting a response, I contacted my congressman's office for help. I asked them to check with USCIS to see just exactly what's going on with my case. Because when my lawyer submitted a request, he simply got a letter saying call them back in 6 MONTH for case status. The congressman's case worker was extremely helpful, she contacted both USCIS and PBEC (now closed) and found out USCIS NEVER EVEN CONTACTED PBEC, after receiving my reply back in August!!! She somehow managed to get her congressional contact from PBEC to call my lawyer, asking for his mailing address so the original LC can be sent to him. My lawyer received the LC within 2 days, and immediately, he FedEx'ed the LC on Nov 1 to the TSC officer who originally asked for the RFE.

Last week, after hearing nothing for almost a month after TSC received my LC, I contacted my congressman's office again. She (the case worker) immediately filed another inquiry with her congressional contact at USCIS, naming the officer whom we sent the LC to, within a day (Nov 30), she got a email response saying my case has been approved, and on Dec 2, I got the official email.

Last edited by a moderator:
my case got approved today. there was one LUD on 08/05. we opened a service request on 11/16. today i got the approval email. they didnt ask for copy of LC or anything else.

Read my story of I140

Was a victim of PBEC. When the online system started working on 9/11/2006, we found out that the Labor was certified. We didn't receive the certificate until Nov 15th and so the attorney said we will file asking USCIS to get the copy from PBEC.

Nov 15th I140 was filed. On Dec 23rd 2006, after several emails and faxes to PBEC, the company as well as the attorney received the Labor Certificate. In the Labor certificate it was mentioned that the case was approved in April 2006. What a pity.:mad:

We personally paid the attorney fees, and the $1000 for Premium Processing. It was filed on Jan 2dn 2007. Even after 15 days, there was no sign of approval. After 3 long months, the money was returned and the attorney had no clue why the case wasn't approved.

On August 5th we saw a LUD on the case, and it said case processing resumed.
On August 28th another RFE for ability to pay. Company replied for the RFE on November 7th.

Finally, on November 14th I140 was approved.:)
Oh, what a horrible journey it was.
Now waiting for 485. Huh.

drama continues, now when my I-140 approval notice arrived, the priority date was incorrect, it puts me back in the line by more than 2 yrs. Now attorney have opened an SR with USCIS last week.

my case got approved today. there was one LUD on 08/05. we opened a service request on 11/16. today i got the approval email. they didnt ask for copy of LC or anything else.