I-140 deneid,I am in 7th year extension

vrusha

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I am in 7thyear extension and i got my I-140 denied recently.
Can i move to new company for applying my GC from scratch without reappling for I-140 from my old company.
Pls do reply me friends as soon as possible.

vrusha said:
Hi friends,
I am in 7thyear extension and i got my I-140 denied recently.
Can i move to new company for applying my GC from scratch without reappling for I-140 from my old company.
Pls do reply me friends as soon as possible.
You can definitely move to a new company but getting eight year extension could be an issue.

You can hope for PERM approval anda quick I-140 aproval based on that get a three year extension.

What was the reason for denial and which center denied it ?

bigbang2001 said:
You can definitely move to a new company but getting eight year extension could be an issue.

You can hope for PERM approval anda quick I-140 aproval based on that get a three year extension.

What was the reason for denial and which center denied it ?

denied coz of 3 years degree and diploma in comp.By NSC.
U mean by not reappealing for I-140 i can move to new company.

vrusha said:
denied coz of 3 years degree and diploma in comp.By NSC.
U mean by not reappealing for I-140 i can move to new company.
There are several threads for 3 year degree. Sheila Danzig has done some work on that. If you want to explore that option just do soem more search on this.

bigbang2001 said:
There are several threads for 3 year degree. Sheila Danzig has done some work on that. If you want to explore that option just do soem more search on this.

Please friends,

I have 7 th year extension from old company.who applied GC.my
I-140 denied.because three years degree BSc(maths,physics,statics).
company B planning to apply my 7th year transfer.do i need
reappeal MTR for I-140 case.without doing so can I do 7th year transfer
.can i get 7th year transfer.without using MTR receipt then we are going to plan to apply Labor from new company.Is I'm in status with 7th year extension?

Please,Please

vrusha said:
Please friends,

.can i get 7th year transfer.without using MTR receipt then we are going to plan to apply Labor from new company.Is I'm in status with 7th year extension?

Please,Please
OK now you ar clearer in your statement.
First thing I am not an attorney and it's your career so read at your own peril.

I asked a similar question of H1 validity to my attorney, basically status of my 7th year extension which is based on pending labor gets denied. I have another PERM in process. The answer was your 7th year extension would still be valid. It is 8th year which could be an issue but even there if compnay A applied for your labor before 6th year and compnay B is still pursuing your GC you can get an extension.

I still sense something wrong as how would H1 extension which is granted on a Labor apllied before 6th year can be valid when the basis of that extension is not denied.

I have not crossed that bridge of denial but based on this attorney's advice I am sure there is a loop hole sitting somewhere to be exploited as my attorney comes from big law firm

Gather more information and armed with that approach your attorney with questions.

Good Luck.

Vrusha, Sorry to hear about ur denail. Can you please tell me how did u learn about the denail? What is the status on the USCIS we site.

reachmeca said:
Vrusha, Sorry to hear about ur denail. Can you please tell me how did u learn about the denail? What is the status on the USCIS we site.
through mail from my lawyer.So pls tell me whether i can move to new company without reappling my I-140 from my old company.i am in cofussed state

Thanks

I am not very sure since i am also an applicant like you. U can check with your company or the new company's lawyer. They will be the better persons to answer that. It will be kind of you if you can tell me what is the status on the USCIS webt site. Hope u know your receipt number to check it on the USCIS website. Again sorry about the denial. My position is also the same. Me too got an RFE on my 140 replied to that last month and no update as yet. It just says that we have received the evidence for our reuest....

reachmeca said:
I am not very sure since i am also an applicant like you. U can check with your company or the new company's lawyer. They will be the better persons to answer that. It will be kind of you if you can tell me what is the status on the USCIS webt site. Hope u know your receipt number to check it on the USCIS website. Again sorry about the denial. My position is also the same. Me too got an RFE on my 140 replied to that last month and no update as yet. It just says that we have received the evidence for our reuest....
there is no update on this.It just says ur I-140 is just received....
that's all.

thanks for the in

Hi Vrusha, Thanks for the info. As i feared you will only know the the lawyer tells u or else u will not know abt that at all. I just wanted to confirm that. Because I have been tracking many 140 cases but there no not a single denial messgae on any of the cases. So USCIS will not update the status in case if your petition is denied. Wish U all the very best.

Question to Vrusha

Hi Vrusha

Was your application filed in EB2 or EB3? When applying for I-140, did you submit your Education Evaluation document too?

To which Service center was your I-140 submitted?

Thanks

vrusha said:
Please friends,

Please,Please
You can also contact "unitednations"

He has helped manyon these forums and I value his opinions.

Search for posts by him on these boards. You may already find the answer.

vrusha said:
How do it catch United nations
I mentioned this in my last post. Please read the mail properly.

Search for mails posted by unitednations on this board.

There is an email listed. He is a wonderful person and quite likely will have an answer or a pointer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to Vrusha

Very sorry to hear about the I140 denial. If you filed EB2 maybe you can downgrade to EB3 and refile. Dont know if that's possible!! Anyone??

-Jack

EricS said:
See the following thread for contact details of UN.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1421424#post1421424

I suggest that you appeal (MTR) the 140 denial. IMO, if you do not do so, you will not be able to get 7th year ext based on that LC. You can either MTR/appeal or file a new 140 on the same LC. You can even do both, but you need to keep that GC filing alive to get H1 ext.
i read ur msg in which u passed all obstacles and got EAD approved.
Can u pls give me UN contact number.
pls friend help me out