I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

blanco said:
No RFEs. If I recall correctly there was an LUD on the I-485 on 10/27/2004. No LUD on the I-140. My fingerprinting was done on 4/17/2004.

Also important to note that my wife's I140 (totally independent application) which has an RD 12/15/2003 (mine was 12/30/2003) was approved on 1/18/2005 (a couple of days before mine). So that tells me that for the vast majority of I-140 they are now processing middle of Dec 2003 to Jan first week 2004.

Thanks blanco. Once again, Congrats on your approvals.

Received courtesy I485 approval.

Just wanted to update everyone that I received the courtesy approval yesterday (1/25) on 485, 4 days after the email notice. Lawyers have not received the originals as yet.
I have setup an infopass appointment for the 9th Feb.

I have not seen too many experiences posted of people going for their 551C stamping with courtesy approval. Any ideas ???

Thanks for your support.

FP notice for cases filed around Nov. 2004 end

Hi,

My I140/I485 petitions were filed around Nov. end (Nov. 2004) but haven't yet received FP notice. Can somebody with similar filing dates let me know if they have received FP notice.

Regards
Piyush.

piyushb said:
Hi,

My I140/I485 petitions were filed around Nov. end (Nov. 2004) but haven't yet received FP notice. Can somebody with similar filing dates let me know if they have received FP notice.

Regards
Piyush.

I received my FP notice email on 9/11/2004. So you should have received yours by now. Maybe there was a slow down due the holidays.

I-140 Rfe

Hi,
My Husband applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently on December 8 2003.
Got EAD in May 2004.
We got RFE on I-140 on Nov 2nd and we have replied to the RFE on Dec 9th. Still No update on the RFE.
Does anybody know how long it will take for them to review the RFE.

Currently I am on H1.Working on Contract in a company. They are offering me permanent position based on my EAD, but should join by March 1st.
I am nervous to take it as we have got RFE on I-140 as it is labor substitution case.
Has anybody been in the same situation.
Any suggestions???

rthirumalachar said:
Hi,
My Husband applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently on December 8 2003.
Got EAD in May 2004.
We got RFE on I-140 on Nov 2nd and we have replied to the RFE on Dec 9th. Still No update on the RFE.
Does anybody know how long it will take for them to review the RFE.

Currently I am on H1.Working on Contract in a company. They are offering me permanent position based on my EAD, but should join by March 1st.
I am nervous to take it as we have got RFE on I-140 as it is labor substitution case.
Has anybody been in the same situation.
Any suggestions???

Hi rthirumalachar,

At least you should have an updated message for 140. Some times the status never gets updated. But most of the people on this forum mentioned that the status gets updated in 3-5 days. My case is kind of similar to yours.
The status was updated 5 days after sending the RFE reply by the attorney. May be you can try to enquire through your lawyer.

Same here. My I-140 was filed on Dec 31, 2003. Got rfe on Nov 2nd, response to rfe received on Nov 22nd. LUD updated twice after that 12/24, 02/01. No luck so far, my attorney has sent an enquiry. Mine is also subs case, semi-concurrent.

Hello,

My I140 and I485 were filed on 11/22/2004. I have not received FP yet. I got my EAD on 1/26/2005. Does any one now when I will receive Finger printing notice?

When I appled for 140 and 485 my wife was in INDIA and we could not apply her 485. We are ready to do that now. Is there any way we can send her application as an extension to the case that I already filed? or should it be a new case?

One of my co worker who is from Germany, applied his 140 and 485 in July 2004 and got his FP in Aug 2004. Now he got his final green card on 2/2/2005.
I heard from my lawyer that people from Europe will get their GC sooner than indians. Is it true?

Please help.

thanks
Praveen

Last edited by a moderator:
Pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My I140 & I485 got rejected after an RFE.it was on the education evaluation stating 3 years degree is not equivalent to US Bachelors Degree. I have Bachelors Degree plus 10 yrs of experience.My case was in EB2. I am thinking to re apply in EB3 but seems I might have same problems. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi gurus

I am new to I140/I485 stage. I have a doubt. I am on H1B and got labor certification cleared with PD before Mar01,2002. My wife is also working on H1B visa in IT fields.Can I apply I485 for my wife (who is on H1B visa) as dependant. Technically she is working on H1B now converted from H4 two months back. I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Gc Pain said:
I am new to I140/I485 stage. I have a doubt. I am on H1B and got labor certification cleared with PD before Mar01,2002. My wife is also working on H1B visa in IT fields.Can I apply I485 for my wife (who is on H1B visa) as dependant. Technically she is working on H1B now converted from H4 two months back. I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Yes, one can apply I485 for their H1-B spouse as their dependant.

It seems that our cases finally approved

Our attorney told us that USCIS Officer called this morning that our I-140 AND I-485 have been approved as of today. No change of LUD today, last change is 01/27/2005.

Our story is:
I applied my I-140 (WAC04107XXXXX) in March, 2004. It was approved in December, 2004. More than one and half years ago, I filed I480, I765,I131 with my wife's I-140 application (WAC03215XXXXX). Since my wife used a substituted labor and USCIS cannot locate the original labor, they didn't process our cases. We figured that out by querying USCIS around October, 2004. Then the attorney of my wife sent another original substituted labor to them and asked senator to send inquiry to push our case, etc. The LUD for WAC03215XXXXX has changed more than 15 times. On November 26, 2004, they mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case according to USCIS case status. The attorney didn't receive it in 14 days and asked them to send one again. One month later, we figured out that RFE is a system error. Since December 2004, the Immigration officer handling our cases always mentioned that she was making progress in our cases. But we cannot figure out what she was doing. My wife's attorney lost hope on this officer and suggested that we apply another independent I-485 by my I140. But one week ago, we saw some light. The immigration officer mentioned that she had requested directly from the Department of Labor a certified copy of the Labor Certification and expected our cases (I140, I765, I131) could be processed (approved) before February 22. It is obvious that the officer didn't use the second original substituted labor.

Now it seems that we finsih the tunnel.