I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

popsy, mingjing,
When I posted earlier I was not thinking about portability and was only thinking in terms of obtaining a GC.

Yes, if you planning to switch job and use AC21, defnitely 140 approval matters.

Concurrent Filing After I140 Filled?

I already applied for I 140D, but I'm wondering, can I still do Concurrent filing?
Also, I plan on doing I 485 on my own, to be sure attorneys don't messup. Is there anyone doing the same? It would be interesting for me to get your experience.
Thanks,
t3k

toy3kin192 - you are a lucky dog. I just read this below for you...

Chat User : My company processes all petitions through its attorney. He mentioned to me that he will only be filing the I-140, and I will have to file I-485 myself. In that case, can I still do concurrent filing?

Attorney Murthy : It is possible to file more or less concurrently in the sense that it should be possible to file the I-485 based on the I-140 receipt notice, which the company's attorney should provide to you so that you may file the I-485 for yourself and all dependent family members. It makes sense for the company lawyer to request that you file the I-485 on your own or with another law firm, since the I-485 is filed by the individual/s, while the LC and I-140 are filed by the employer and belong to the employer, by law. It is important to obtain a copy of the I-140 receipt notice so that another attorney can help you and any family members to file the I-485 with the EAD and the AP for yourselves.

Hi T3K, Mingjiang,

I would strongly recommend not to file 485 by yourself. Because now-a-days BCIS sends RFE on almost every 485 cases. It's better to have some attorney. If you plan to do CP, then it's pretty straight forward process, and you don't need attorney in that case. But for 485, you should get an attorney. Better to check 485 forum to get more opinions.

Desi145

I agree. At least, I think we know that one can do concurrent filing after I-140 has been filed without filing I-485.

Thanks for the replies.
I have a friend who did it on her own, but it was a long time ago.
Attorney fees are pretty expensive for I485, from $3000 to $3800 !! And with an attorney you have to know enough of the law to check that he is not missing anything.

BTW, what I485 forum are you looking at?
There are few on this web site, but I don't know which one is more active.

Thanks,
t3k

I-140 Receipt Notice

Does BCIS send a copy of the Receipt notice to the applicant (ie., employee) or they send it only to the lawyer? If it is the latter, can we request a copy from the lawyer?

Mingjing or some smart alec,

You may know the answer for this question.

My employer has filed I-140 and does not want to file I-485 (deshi attitude!!) till I-140 gets clear. Even they won't let me file
I-485 by myself or with the help of 2nd lawyer (with my own expense). If I ignore them and go ahead and file I-485 with another lawyer, am I taking too much risk ? I feel that they may try to screw my I-140 if they know this ! I have a copy of my I-140 receipt notice but I don't have a copy of labor cert approval though.

Appreciate for twising your brain ..

Ganguly

Hi

I don't know how they would come to know of your 485 filing!!! I think a copy of I-140 receipt should be enough to use that as the underlying LC.

-Dumeel

Gunguly,

I am not thinking to file I-485 by myself. I am only at stage to gather evidence before I talk to my lawyer to file 485. IF the lawyer refuses like yours, I think I may choose to wait a few months to see how 140 goes, for following reasons: 1. I am not sensing job risk; 2. I don't plan to use EAD/AP if I file concurrently and get them; 3. Company instead of myself pays all cost if this lawyer files for me; 4. I am hoping CSC will start to process I-140D quicker after Sept. 30th. Given all these reasons, I feel the benefit of doing 485 myself is not that obvious.

Mingjing,

Even I am kind of scared to do this. But unlike you, I do have a job threat after 6 months and my current employer will definitely dump me if they cannot find another job ! The way things are moving, it's meaningless to estimate how much time it might take clear I-140. My RD is Aug 11,2003 only..

Thanks for your reply Mingjing and Dumeel !

Dumeel,

The option of filing I-485 without telling current employer is pretty risky at this stage, buddy !
:confused:

Processing time for I-140D in CA

Friends,
Any idea about the latest date for I-140D petitions processing in CA service centre? The web sites says the date is: 07/17/2003.
Thanks.

I-140D Brocessing dates

Mine RD and ND is both 5/5/2003, in EB2 category with substitution labor.Havent heard anything from them till now.
Waited for about 3 and half months and finally paid my own money to file I-485/EAD and AP as my wife needs EAD to work.
This thing is killing. Lawyer says that she has tried to do many inquires but due to this sunset for religious workers they(CSC) is not enetertaining
any inquiries till 09/30/2003.
Anyone who has same dates, have they heard anything?
Thanks
Ladka26

Thanks.

Ladka_26,
I was under the wrong impression that my I-140 will be cleared with in a month. My RD is 08/25/2003. I think that I am too optimistic.
Best regards.

Good luck with your I-140

I dont know. It may be possible. May be you are the luckiest person in this world to get your I-140 cleaed in a month.
Thats wht ai thought when my I-140 was filed that it will clear in 45 days so why should I do concurrent filing as I have to pay money.So I waited and waited and still waiting.
No response no RFE recd yet. I think I will know some thing after october 1st when they start processing the cases.I will let you know when I hear something about mine.
Good luck. Keep me informed