I-140 Approved

sayasin

Type - EB2
Applied - 12/03/2002
Approved - 04/16/2003

I am going to apply my I-485.

Good Luck to everyone.

sayasin

Congratulations man. U r very lucky. lot of ppl r waiting since Apr'2002.

Mine is July 13th, still waiting.

Originally posted by sayasin
Type - EB2
Applied - 12/03/2002
Approved - 04/16/2003

I am going to apply my I-485.

Good Luck to everyone.

why didn't u use concurrent filing ?

why didn't u use concurrent filing ?

Becaue he/she is smart and got through the process quicker this way. Concurrent filing is apparantly a bigger deal for the immigration and they drag their feet to approve the apps. Standalong i140 is like a lean-mean application with no strings (EAD card, Travel doc, green card, fingerprinting, etc.) attached.

I have noticed that ppl who applied for i-140 alone and did not go for the concurrent filings are the winners. Because with fast i140 approvals and the AC21 (180 day rule) they are free to work elsewhere much faster then others (like me) who have chosen the slow risky route of concurrent filing...

Hindsight is 20/20

“ Because with fast i140 approvals and the AC21 (180 day rule) they are free to work elsewhere much faster then others (like me) who have chosen the slow risky route of concurrent filing...”
--

180-day rule or AC21 starts if I-485 is pending more than 180 days and they get job in same/similar position, they are not free to work if I-140 is approved they need to file I-485 and I-485 should not be approved in 180 days from I-485 filing then only they can use AC21. If I-140 is revoked when I-485 is not reched 180 days pending then the case falls into grey area, nobody is sure what will be the outcome. for AC21 one should wait till I-485 pending is over 180 days and I-140 should not be revoked to be on safe side.

Only applied I-140

Hi,
I cannot agree with the fact that applying I-140 only takes short period of time. My 140 was applied on 9th Sep 2002 (EB2/RIR) without concurrent filing but still it is NOT approved till now. :(

Amitava.

There is no order in approving.....

Don't Worry too much guys!

Even yesterday, my colleague got his 140 approved, he filed concurrently and a month after me! Another friend got his 140 approved, he didn't file the 485 yet. Did you notice one person got his/her 140 approval in 20 days at VSC? RD and AD are in March 2003!

Therefore 140 approval and 485 approval are 2 separate steps .....

Guys- randomness is the name of the game- so don't analyze too much. Just have patience (lot of) , sense of humour and keep busy with normal life- it eventually comes thru.

RD 09/19 - EB2 - Concurrent

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I have applied my I-140 (EB2/RIR) on Sep 2002 but with a substitute labor application. My company told me at that time that I cannot apply for concurrent because I have a substitute labor. Is it true? Can someone apply for concurrent processing with a substitute labor? Please let me know this soon.

Appreciate your cooperation
Amitava.:(

Substitute Labor and Concurrent filing

One of my colleague filed 140 using a approved labor (applied originally for some one else). His 485,EAD was filed 3 months after, because concurrent rule wasn't there at the time of filing I-140. he has the EAD and AP now. I don't think your company is telling the truth.....

Originally posted by amitava_chatty
Hi,
I have applied my I-140 (EB2/RIR) on Sep 2002 but with a substitute labor application. My company told me at that time that I cannot apply for concurrent because I have a substitute labor. Is it true? Can someone apply for concurrent processing with a substitute labor? Please let me know this soon.

Appreciate your cooperation
Amitava.:(

I applied concurrent processing with substitue labor. Sofar my EAD,AP Approved. Finger Printing is done. May be this information helps you.