I-140 Approved, Can i Change my Company?

MKSTOOL

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am working as a Software consultant and my client is willing to get me on board. My I-140 is approved and some one told me that it is possible to retain the Priority date even if you change your company after your I-140 is approved.

This is what told to me:

1. I can change the company, but the new company would file my GC and the process will start from scratch i.e. Labour-> I-140 etc.
2. Even if they file a new GC, i can still retain my Priority Date from my original earlier filed GC petition.
3. There are couple of documents required like:
- I-140 Approval notice
- Labour Certificatin notice or confirmation document.
- A letter stated as a confirmation from my old company that they don't have any issues.

I know its difficult some times, but based on your relation with your company you can get these documents. In my case, GC is filed by my company, but all the expenditure etc was paid by me. They are just trying to help in getting my GC. In this case i am sure they won't be having any problems (But can't say).

Now my questions to you all readers is:

- Is it possible to retain the PD if you change your company after I-140 Approved?
- If yes, what all documents would be required so that transition go without any issues in future?
- What all documents are mandatory and what all are good to have?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MKS.

Hi,
I am working as a Software consultant and my client is willing to get me on board. My I-140 is approved and some one told me that it is possible to retain the Priority date even if you change your company after your I-140 is approved.
----------------------that is correct
This is what told to me:

1. I can change the company, but the new company would file my GC and the process will start from scratch i.e. Labour-> I-140 etc.
------------Yes , at the time of filing second I-140 inform your lawyer that you had I-140 approved in past and request him to recapture early PD( give evidence of I-140 approval)
2. Even if they file a new GC, i can still retain my Priority Date from my original earlier filed GC petition.
--------------yes, if I-140 was approved for you. if only LC was approved and I-140 was not approved then you cant take the PD of LC with you

3. There are couple of documents required like:
- I-140 Approval notice
--------------------------- copy of I-140 approval notice( if you have that then you dont need any other document) or copy of I-140 filing reciept, online status print out
- Labour Certificatin notice or confirmation document.
-----------------Not needed
- A letter stated as a confirmation from my old company that they don't have any issues.
---------------------Not needed
I know its difficult some times, but based on your relation with your company you can get these documents. In my case, GC is filed by my company, but all the expenditure etc was paid by me. They are just trying to help in getting my GC. In this case i am sure they won't be having any problems (But can't say).

Now my questions to you all readers is:

- Is it possible to retain the PD if you change your company after I-140 Approved?
-------------------YES
- If yes, what all documents would be required so that transition go without any issues in future?
--------------read above
- What all documents are mandatory and what all are good to have?
-----------read above
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MKS.
-----------