I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

emailraja,
I applied for my PCC from Washington Indian Consulate and i got it in 15 days ,i think PCC is valid for 1 year but not sure ,once i get my packet 3 reviewed by NVC ,i will send an email to chennai consulate on PCC validity ,hopefully they will reply that PCC will be valid for 1 year ,if not i will apply again in Washington and this time i guess i will get on the same day .

Naveen

140 approved in Sep, case not yet recieved by NVC. Any one whose 140 approved in sep and case created at NVC, please resond. Also update for any progress.

Thanks everyone for your replies. FYI, here's my experience and timeline near Hartford, CT.

5/2002 - Company mgmt agreed to sponsor green card.
9/2002 - 1 month of job advertisements for quantitative programmer begin.
11/12/2002 - Labor Cert application under RIR sent in.
9/2003 - Threat of layoffs. Safe, phew!
5/14/2004 - CT approves and forwards case to Boston SESA.
6/3/2004 - LC approved.
6/15/2004 - I suggested consular processing over I485 AOS to lawyers.
7/1/2004 - I-140 application sent in.
8/20/2004 - I-140 approved :) (under EB3 :mad: ).
9/20/2004 - NVC creates fee bill and case.
now - waiting for p3.....

I have an MS and my previous employer in Princeton, NJ got my I-140 approved in EB2. I don't know if the company lawyers screwed up or USCIS decided not to give me an EB2 approval, but now I have an I-140 approval under EB3. I just hope my priority date of 11/12/2002 won't screw me up if the cutoff date regresses. The lawyer is being cagy and I didn't press her cause I don't want hostilities breaking out with the lawyer.

I think we are in same boat. my I-140 was approved on 13th Sep from VSC. Reached NVC on 16th.
I called NVC in last week of September and talked to Operator. She told me 2-4 weeks after case is reached to NVC.
Today it is exctly 4 weeks. No news :(

Tried to reach operator for past few days. But it does not go through :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Srinivasg and Prosix,
FYI : My case was created on 13th Oct. Message says Lawyer will receive notification in 6 days.

Hello Guys,
My I-140 was approved on Aug 28th from VSC, EB3 category, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. I am confused. Can anyone please share the telephone numbers for NVC or VSC so that I can call them and get the status of my application transfer to NVC.

Thanks a lot in advance
-DR.

I140 approved on Sept 15th 2004

Hi All,

My I 140 was approved on Sept 15th 2004.
EB3
VSC
Mumbai Consulate.

USing the Forum I contacted the NVC's automated Messaging system.It asked for a CIS number and I entered the EAC number I received from my attorney for I140 and it said Case Created on Oct 15th 2004.

I called the NY consulate and they said that they give the PCC in 1 day since my passport is issued in NYC .IS that correct.

Should I apply for PCC now or later

kp14 said:
attorney for I140 and it said Case Created on Oct 15th 2004.
I called the NY consulate and they said that they give the PCC in 1 day since my passport is issued in NYC .IS that correct.

Should I apply for PCC now or later

Yours is the third case I know where the NVC case was created exactly 1 month after I-140 approval. I don't know if it's a coincidence or a policy.

Regarding PCC, it's better to wait till you get the packet 3. I wasn't able to talk to anyone at NY consulate and so applied for a PCC 10 days ago. It'll probably come this week. I hope it doesn't expire before my interview. Especially a problem if EB3 priority dates regress and interview is delayed.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. What is the expectation about the shift in Priority Date. As I understnad correctly the Priority Date is when you apply for your Labor Certification and for me that is July 10th 2001.

Do you think that the Priority dates will move even beyond that date knowing that our interviews will not be done anytime soon

KP

prosix,

if it helps - it took NVC 6 weeks to create a case for us after 140 approval (TSC). and there also they messed up as they sent us only 2 fee bill receipts and not 3. and then NVC advised us to NOT send the fee bill receipts separately (as they may misunderstand that as FTJ case) instead they will send us the 3rd fee bill receipt and then send all three together. we are still waiting for the 3rd fee bill (was mailed 2 weeks ago but have to wait 6 weeks b4 raising any concern with NVC). this week it will be 3 months since our 140 was approved and still havent been able to send in the fee receipts (next step after NVC creates case).

so just hang in there and be patient and as i have learnt from this forum...just when u think ur case sux and the wait is frustrating and intolerable....u will always find someone else who has it worse off. so patience is key and hopefully support from groups/forums like these help in some way. Good luck!

Thanks PRAYTX andEMAILRAJA.

I am only worried about priorty date and visa availability. My PD is Sep-2002 and most probably I will be victim of this, if NVC takes long time.

You are right, this forum gives us lots of hopes, information.

"I am only worried about priorty date and visa availability. My PD is Sep-2002 and most probably I will be victim of this, if NVC takes long time."
-----------------------
Why should we worried about Visa Availability ? could you please explain ,My PD is July-2001.

Naveen

Prattx,
Could you please let me know when your 140 was approved,which texas center,when did NVC recived /Created case,and when did NVC send your fess receipt ?

My case was approved on Aug 5th ,NVC created case on Oct 4th no Fee Bill Receipy yet ,Msg system prompts it will take 6 (days or weeks) not sure and also could you also please explain abt Visa availability issue ?

NK

Naveen,

our 140 was approved 7/26/04 (EB2 - TSC Dallas) and NVC created case on 8/23/04 and sent out the fee bill receipts. when we got the receipts on 9/3/04, we found they had only sent 2 fee bill receipts instead of 3. so we asked for the thrid receipt which they have now sent on 10/4/04 but we havent recd it yet (like u ).

as for the PD related discussion, chekc out:

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

this link will tell u abt what priority date is and why u shud care abt it. Also, do some search on this forum...( i saw a thread recently abt EB3 PD retrogressing in 2005 bcoz of new rules from USCIS) and u can see how it affects ur case.

Good luck.

Praytx,

Will the message chage when NVC issue Fee Receipts or will it change only after we send back the Fess Receipt ? Please let me know .If message dont change when NVC issue Fee Receipt i will check with my Attroney if they have received Fee Bill ?

Thanks
Naveen