I-140 Applications in Security Check

How do we know the application is stuck in security clearance?

Is there any way to know if the application is stuck in Security clearance? My RD is 13th April and LUD is 26th April. Is my application also stuck in security clearance?

sanju_y678 said:
Hi Guys,

My I-140 is pending since Jun 03. VSC. EB3. Made many inquiries no success. I think it is also stuck in Security check.

I would like to know if I-140 premium process becomes available, is thr any hope from this. we can get our I-140 Clear. Any thoughts.

Hi guys,

I am surprised that even for I-140 the security check is done. I was Under the impression that USCIS do security check for I-485. How do we know whether I-140 is stuck for security clearance. My I-140 under EB-2-niw got approved after 5 months and 5 days. But my friend who filed I-140 before retrogression started did not get any message from VSC even after 8 months.

My lawyer said he will let me know as soon as it starts. But looks like it would be soon.

Hi Guys,

I came to know from Congress women office that my I-140 is pending due to Background check. But I got reply from FBI that name check s done and thy did send all information to VCS. Do you guys have an idea wht s ths...

my assumption s background check has to be done in I-485 processing...

Even after I-140 Premium processing becomes available, are we going to be benifited or not ?

Sanju,

We are stuck in an USCIS security check. I think that might be the IBIS check. I have read at murthy.com that if youe EAD and AP go on hold its likely to be an IBIS check.

Security check for I-140? That doesn't make sense at all. How come ppl. are getting approved in 2 weeks if there indeed is a security check?

What I feel most of those stuck in security check have also applied concurrently/semi-concurrently for 485 and the security check is related to the 485 application and not the 140.

Hope someone knowledgeable clarifies.

hi sensat,

my ead and ap s approved. no probs. 4 times

Do you think we will be benefited through new law of I-140 Premium Process?

Sanju,

Did you change your address with USCIS and did you call them after the message that their last notice is returned.

sanju_y678 said:
hi sensat,

my ead and ap s approved. no probs. 4 times

Security check?????

Hi All,

dont get terrified yourself. There could a security check on I-140s based on the fact that either adjudication officer feels that the employer is engaged in any fraud activities or employee's exp provided is wrong. They actually could not deny application as you can be covered up yourself under MTR and appealing to AAO. So instead they would just delay or dont even look into your application.

As a matter of fact, they dont have any security checks at all for 1-140 except for checking ability to pay and ed qualications of emp whom it is applied for.

Rapidigm I 140

Hi,
Is there any one here on the board from Rapidigm whose I 140 is pending for more than 9 months without any progress/clarifications ? I have couple of friends along with myself whose fate is uncertain in this situation . It looks to me , there may be increased scruitiny for Rapidigm I 140 applications these days (from NSC, VSC) which is these causing unusual delays . Please share your exp and anything you are doing to speed up the process.

Thanks in advance.

Update

Based on the information I received from various 'sources', I have concluded that:

1) Security check during I-140 involves the background check for both the petitioner and the beneficiary.
2) Security check constitutes name check(FBI background check), fingerprint check, IBIS check, petitioner's ability to pay.
3) All applications go through security check. Any application could be flagged for whatever additional information.
4) USCIS will not provide a timline to process cases that are under security check.

My case has been pending since 22nd Dec' 2003. There was no change in LUD until 3/10/2006. And then there was another change in LUD on 6/10/2006. I did not see any change in the message though.

I now need to apply for my 8th year extension(H1). I have applied and received approvals for 3 EADs and 3 APs. 2nd fingerprinting has been completed.

My attorney said that they would submit another inquiry through AILA within the next couple of weeks. I had previously initiated an inquiry last October. Recieved a letter from USCIS stating that the case is under security check and they have no timeline for such cases.

My plan of action is now to initiate an inquiry through AILA and if that's not successful, file a case against USCIS. What have I got to lose? At the most, I'll have to leave the country for a year. No big deal. I have grown a thick skin and I have mentally prepared myself for that.

Any Timeline

Does anyone know from their experience what is the timeline to get a 140 (not filed concurrently) stuck, due to security clearance to get approved ?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I think once thy implement I-140 Premium process, thy will discontinue con-current processing of filing i-140 and i-485. I see most of all our application are filed con-currently. So thr s possibility thy will approve all this application which s stuck in security check, if we apply for I-140 Premium ? otherwise who will apply for I-140 Premium process..

any thoughts?????

Hi Guys,

I wana know how this will help whose I-140 is stuck in Security Check ? Will premium process take care of those cases or not???????? Premimum process will start soon with in few weeks.... Any thoughts guys???

According to www.immigration-law.com .

* Even though the USCIS published the expanded Premium Processing Services for various other types of applications/petitions, including I-140 and I-765 (EAD), the agency intends to launch the services step by step. The next first types of cases which the USCIS will start processing Premium Process in the near future, probably in the next few weeks are known to be I-140 petitions and I-765 (EAD). USCIS today reported at the conference that the Premium Processing for these two types of proceeding, particularly I-140 will be launched first and the announcement will be posted in the USCIS web site in the next few weeks.

I checked with my attoney on this. She said its highly unlikely that cases stuck in security review will get resolved by upgrading to premium processing as these checks are done by an external agency. She said, it still worth trying though..