I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Does anyone know what the LIN # means for an I1040 petition? Does that mean my case is definitely at NSC or are there chances it still might go to TSC?

NYC2001,
Please keep us all posted of your status here.

Hello all,

I just received an update today saying that NSC had received my response to the RFE and my case has resumed.
Now I am just hoping that everything goes smoothly and I hear something soon enough.

The wait continues for this and then for my PD to become current.

Thanks,

I-140 Approved

Hi Guys,

I just wanted you to know that I received my premium processing approval in 6 business days. Now I will proceed to the next waiting game....to file the I 485.

Good luck to everybody!

I-140
Date filed with NSC - 02/26/2007
Premium Processing
Approval Date: 03/06/2007
Approved By: TSC

LC
ETA Case #: P-05215-7XXXX
Priority Dt: 01/05/2005
GA/ RIR -EB2
45-Day Letter: Recd. 06/25/2006
Certified - 01/25/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kanke

Beneficiary employment letter is the Letter of Offer given to you by your employer.

Someone you worked with in that company can write you one make sure the letter contains the job starting date-ending date, your responsabilities, name and address of that company.

I did the same, I had a corworker write one and my I-140 got approved.

For Kanke

In addition to Mano4GC's reply I would like to add that:

1. Beneficiary's employment letter seems a letter of continued employment from your employer.

2. Generally you need the transcripts for all the degrees. Also it depends how the case is prepared.

3 and 4. already answered.

I-140 approved

I just received an email notification that my I-140 got approved.
Now my wait continues for my priority date to become current.

Good luck to all those waiting.
Thanks for your support.

I-140 approved

I got an email from attorney's this morning that my I-140 has been approved. I can't believe it :eek: it took forever to get my LC cleared (5+ years) and I-140 was approved in one week It took more time to file (doc preparation) - one and a half month.
It was premium processing... after endless wait with BECs I was glad to find out that the company had decided to go with premium processing. It was worth it.

-----------------------------
I-140 filed - 03/05/2007
I-140 approved - 03/13/2007

PD - DEC 9th 2001

-----------------------------
LC - approved from DBEC - 01/10/2007 -online
LC approval notice recd - 01/17/2007
CA case

Premium Processing Question

Hello All,

My I-140 was filled as normal appliation. I asked my employer to upgrade it to premium (ofcourse paying from my pocket) and it was initiated 10 days back. I still do not see it to have been updated. Any information on how long it takes to get this upgraded to premium?

Thanks,

Hello All,

My I-140 was filled as normal appliation. I asked my employer to upgrade it to premium (ofcourse paying from my pocket) and it was initiated 10 days back. I still do not see it to have been updated. Any information on how long it takes to get this upgraded to premium?

Thanks,

15 calender days from the receipt date.

The clock resets in case of RFE, and it starts ticking (15 day period) once the requested documents were received by the service center.

You can check the status online, provided you have the receipt number (LIN or SRC).

Does anyone what to expect for an 140 pending in NSC (non-premium)? What's the current trend? Any idea about EAD/AP/485 trends?

Hi Gurus,
If the I-140 is approved and job is lost before filing 485, one has to start all over? Or I-140 can be carried over to another job? Any options in this scenario?
Thank you.

Hi Gurus,
If the I-140 is approved and job is lost before filing 485, one has to start all over? Or I-140 can be carried over to another job? Any options in this scenario?
Thank you.

As already mentioned by the gurus of this forum, yes, you have to start over again. However, upon the new I-140 approval, you can port the priority date of the previous employer for filing I-485. This is possible as long as the previous employer do not revoke the I-140.

How much time to get the receipt for I-140?

I guess my attorney filed the I-140 more than 3 weeks ago to NSC (Nebraska). I have not heard anything after that neither form Employer nor from attorney

How much time to get the receipt for I-140?
Mine is regular processing EB3.

I got labor approved from Dallas last week of January. It is CA SWA EB3.
Where are the most of the cases from California-SWA-EB3 processing? Texas or Nebraska?
Thanks

Thank you for the reply. That helps a lot. Can the new GC be filed under EB2 and still old PD can be ported? Old GC was filed under EB3.

Thanks again.

As already mentioned by the gurus of this forum, yes, you have to start over again. However, upon the new I-140 approval, you can port the priority date of the previous employer for filing I-485. This is possible as long as the previous employer do not revoke the I-140.

I-140 Premium Process.

Hi Manwithnoname and all other guru's,

How long it takes to certify in Premium Process?
What exactly they see in I-140 stage and I-485 stage?

Is it good idea to go for Premium process or Regular?

My I-140 goes to NSC or TSC?

Please give me some insight.

Thanks in advance!:)

EB2, RIR, 9th year H1B
LC PD: 11-DEC-2002, NJ, RIR
LC Certified: 2-Mar-2007

Thank you for the reply. That helps a lot. Can the new GC be filed under EB2 and still old PD can be ported? Old GC was filed under EB3.

Thanks again.

Yes that may be possible - your experience with the current employer will count towards years of experience necessary for EB2 category.

EB2, RIR, 9th year H1B

From your mail it is apparent that yours a concurrent filing case. A premium processing case needs 15 days from the receipt notice date for approval.

Not sure about I-485 but for I-140 all I can say off my head are educational qualifications, employers ability to pay and necessary work experience are evaluated.

I would go for I-140 premium processing only when I want to avail AC21 portability (changing employers after I-485 is pending for 6 months or more).

All applications must be filed with NSC, the receipt notice will indicate which center is processing your case.

it depends

EB2, RIR, 9th year H1B

What I have heard from the lawyer was that premium process should be filed if your visa almost expire or you have emergency case. Even though I insist to go for premium with extra pay, the lawyer said it is not necessary with my case because it is not an urgent. A little bit longer wait wouldn't hurt to save additional $1k.
Real experience, one of my friend apply for a premium and got RFE right away. She kept sending a respond back and forward. Very fast respond but so far almost a month she still didn't get an approved yet. So it is up to you to think about it. From the other trend, I saw a few people got an approved within 2-3 months (don't know how it happen).
If you check the current processing date, they are working on September 13 for both 140, 485 (TSC). As long as they are moving, our hope is getting bigger.
This is just my opinion. I could be wrong. Use your own judgement ok.:D :D

manwithnoname,

I was thinking that once the I-140 is approved it is for you to keep even if the employer were to revoke it. Is that not the case?

Thanks,