I-140/485 Concurrent Pilot Program Eligibility

longwaitgcca

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this Forum, This is my First Post.

My Details are below.

I - 140 - RD - 09/18/2003. - EB2.
Non-Concurrent, Labour Substitution. Waiting for 140.

I have a question about I-140/485 Concurrent Pilot Program Eligibility.

I spoke to my lawyer about this program, And she said that I am are Eligible for this program. But she did not have much information about this program.

There is little bit of risk associated with this program she said.

Does any one of you are planning to apply to this program.

Even i am not 100% confident that i am eligible for this program though my lawyer said i am eligible.

According to program 485 will be also approved with in 90 days, I am not sure how realistic these 90 days figure is.

I am suprised to see no one talking about this Program in this forum.

Why dont we keep track of people who are planning to apply for this program.

I will be soon applying for this program.

Please let us know if any of you has more Information on this program.

Thanks

Hi cadolslow,

Thanks for the link. It was informative.
When i spoke to my lawyer she did not talk much about Eligibility.

My Labour had MS + 2 years exp

I have BS + 5 years experiance. So I think it is match.

What is your details. r u in same boat like me ??.

So you think it is advisable to apply for Concurrent now.

Non-Concurrent applications will they slow down as per the link ???.

My Lawyer is not able to give any information about when this program starts etc. If any of you can throw more light on this and get Information frm your lawyers that will be really helpful.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again

longwaitgcca,

What is your details. r u in same boat like me ??.
- Mine is BS+0. I guess I'm not eligible as per that web site.

So you think it is advisable to apply for Concurrent now.
- I'm not sure which path I'm going to take until I talk to my lawyer next week. I may go for non-concurrent (CP).

Non-Concurrent applications will they slow down as per the link ???.
- After reading different posts online, it seems that they are right that non-concurrent is slower.

My Lawyer is not able to give any information about when this program starts etc. If any of you can throw more light on this and get Information frm your lawyers that will be really helpful.
- I will see if my lawyer knows anything on it. I will update you after I get more info. I would appreciate if you do the same.

Re: Re: I-140/485 Concurrent Pilot Program Eligibility

The pilot program is for all EB2 applications filed concurrently in CSC(they say new, but yet to receive more info on the RDs that are eligible for the program)

A person having a master's or BS + experiance is not counted if your application falls under EB3.

--Vortex.

Originally posted by cadolslow
Hi longwaitgcca ,

Do you know the eligibility requirement for this Pilot program? It seems that eligibility is tied with your LC. The following link mentions BS+5 or MS is required.

http://www.cooley.com/news/alerts.aspx?ID=38544320

Any information is appreciated.

I don't think that you "apply" for this program. I think they are just going to take the applications that meet the criteria that vortex mentioned and start trying to adjudicate them within the 90-day timeframe.

iam also thinking about this program.

i could not get much info from my lawyer.

as of now , it looks this applies for all new EB2 concurrently filed applications.

we may have to wait for more information on this

Hello All,

My lawyer informed me that USCIS qualified my case as EB2 or let says they categorized my case as EB2.

But, lawyer did not have any info on the pilot program. any idea when this program will be initiated?

Regards,

ss1123,

This program was announced when the AILA met the director, So atleast some lawyers should be having some good inside information about this program. If any of your lawyers has this information please post it in this thread.

Is there any way to contact Rajeev khanna for more information about this program eligibility ???.

Thanks

Hello friends

I have a question.

Who determines that a case is eb2 or not.Is it decided in the labour stage or while applying 140/485 do we have to mention that our case is eb2.

Does anyone know if the pilot program already started or is it about to start or something?

Thanks

Pilot program

According to our company's immigration attorneys, the pilot program has started as of 4/5/2004. I'm trying to find out more information about how long this pilot program will last. I got my LC approved just a couple of weeks and am waiting for my letter. My application falls under EB-2 and so I'm hoping to file concurrently to take advantage of the 90 day pilot program. Somehow I cant believe things can be adjudicated that quickly!!
Originally posted by Starter
Does anyone know if the pilot program already started or is it about to start or something?

Thanks

Hello All,

My LC was approved on May 5th and my Lawyer received the letter from the DOL around May 24th.
I was out of the country from May 13th till yesterday and had a con call with the lawyer yesterday.
She sent me the intake questionaire for filling the I485 and requested a copy of my birth certificate. She also told me that I would need to get the medical done prior to filling the I485.
We will be filling concurrent 140/485.
I mentioned to her about the Pilot program and she has heard of it. She has not filled any case from CSC or the NSC, Mine will be the first one and she said her interpretation was that if you met the criteria you would automatically fall into the Pilot Program.
She also mentioned that she had 2 cases from Dallas Service center getting approved under 90 days just as the Pilot Program for CSC and NSC states and she was a bit surprised herself.
Hopefully my papers would be filled in the next couple of weeks and then we can see.
She mentioned that if I got a letter from the CSC asking me to proceed to get my FP fairly quickly that should signal that I am in the Pilot program.
My case details:
Labor Approved May 5th 2004
DOT Code 999. 151-051
Experience on the Labor MS + 2yrs
I have more than that.

FP Done

I received my FP notices in 3 weeks after filing 485. Is this an indiaction that my application could be under the pilot program.

Details:
EB2, Concurrent. MS with 0 years exp.
140 Rd - 2 April '04
485 Rd - 26 April '04
FP notice - May 17 for June 3rd
Waiting for EAD/AP

Just completed the FP today in San Jose. Every thing went smoothly and we were out in 15- 20 min.

If you go through the below article it seems to differ from what most people in different forums are indicating or talking about this new concurrent adjudication.

Three key points I understood.
For all concurrent filers
1) You need to look at I-140 dates that would decide when you are likely to get approval (as part of the new pilot program).
2) This program doesn't mean that they will start looking at applications filed from 05/01 or some date like this.As they process I-140 and if you statisfy all requirements & you have filed I-485 concurrently you fall under the pilot program.
3) This I am not sure but making an assumption concurrent here doesn't necessarily mean the same day as long as you have filed both I-140 and I-485 before they start looking at your I-140 (based on JIT reports) you should be fine.

Any comments on this???
reval_wait

courtesy of www.immigration-law.com

06/02/2004: Concurrent Adjudication (I-140 + I-485) Guidance of USCIS HQ

As we reported earlier, on March 31, 2004, the USCIS issued a memorandum to the Service Centers to adjudicate concurrently for the concurrently filed I-140 and I-485. Accordingly, people may assume that since about May 1, 2004, the Service Centers have been processing concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases separately and differently from the I-485 cases which were filed alone. Following are the guidance for concurrent adjudication of concurrently filed I-140+I-485 cases under the memorandum:
In the Service Center processing times reports, the concurrently filed I-485 processing time coincides with the I-140 processing time. In other words, for these filers, they should keep track of I-140 processing time and not I-485 processing time in the bi-weekly official processing time reports of the Service Centers. For them, I-485 processing time is the same as I-140 processing time. Meanwhile, those who filed I-485 separately should keep track of I-485 processing times in the bi-weekly reports.
For the concurrent adjudication filers, I-140 petition and I-485 application always stay together. This will result in two consequences: First, since I-140 is not adjudicated separately, the previous procedure of prima facie review of I-140 eligibility is more or less removed and discouraged. Second, in order for the I-485 adjudication to be completed in the same pace with the I-140 adjucation, the Service Centers will accelerate the name check and fingerprint job vigorously.
Actual adjudication of I-140+I-485 will not take place until I-485 application is ready to be adjudicated after completing the name check and fingerprint. Therefore, the concurrent adjudication files remain on the shelf until they are ready to be adjudicated together.
When it reaches actual adjudication process, the adjudicators are required to review both I-140 petition and I-485 application. In other word, if the adjudicator needs to issue RFE for I-140, the adjudicator should also determine whether another RFE should be issued for I-485, should there be the RFE issues in the I-485 application. If the petitioner (employer) fails to respond to I-140 RFE or to meet the eligibility requirement, the adjudicator will deny both I-140 and I-485. On the other hand, should the I-140 petitioner be successful in responding to the I-140 RFE and satisfies eligibility requirements, the adjudicator should approve the I-140 petition no matter whether I-485 applicant has successfully responded to the I-485 RFE. If the I-485 applicant fails to meet the RFE requirement, such I-485 will be denied, and more likely the petitioner will receive the I-140 approval notice and the alien will receive I-485 denial notice.
Plus side and Minus side of Concurrent Filing and Concurrent Adjudication: The big plus will be the processing times. If we look at the I-140 processing times, even though each Service Center differs, the average I-140 processing time is approximately one (1) year. It means that in the concurrent adjudication cases, people will get green card approval within one year or less. Then what is minus? What else, AC 21 180-day rule of change of employer. Since the alien can not change employment until after the I-140 petition is approved, those who lose the job will face a potential denial of the green card opportunity.

4beegie

Is Apr 26 the Receipt Date on your 485?
My 485 has May 7 still haven't heard anything on FP just checking to see when am I likely to hear on FP??

Thanks for your help
reval_wait

That's correct.

You should receive the FP notice any time now... Could be Monday.. Just be positive.

EAD/AP Received and FP Done in 6 weeks

My case is very similar to yours, and here are my details:

EB3, Concurrent. BS with 2 years exp.
140 Rd - 8 April '04
485 Rd - 22 April '04
FP notice - May 13 for June 1st, FP done
EAD/AP approved on May 26/27

Unless someone comes with something different, you can assume that USCIS has become efficient, and that is good to know. Or else, as your hypothesis states we may be heading for 90 days pilot program.

4beegie said:
I received my FP notices in 3 weeks after filing 485. Is this an indiaction that my application could be under the pilot program.

Details:
EB2, Concurrent. MS with 0 years exp.
140 Rd - 2 April '04
485 Rd - 26 April '04
FP notice - May 17 for June 3rd
Waiting for EAD/AP

Just completed the FP today in San Jose. Every thing went smoothly and we were out in 15- 20 min.

My and my wife's AP are also approved today. EAD was approved for my wife but nothing happened to my EAD (Probabaly in a couple days)

Also the 485 status changed to -

On June 8, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Hope that the pilot program would do it..

My concurrent case

My case is almost the same:

RD: 04/28/2004
Got fingerpriint on May 17, 2004
Got fingerprint done on June 05, 2004

So far, no any update on my fingerprint action....
140 & 485 & AP & EAD all pending.

Good luck to all.