I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

rarebell said:
hi guys
a friend mine scanned results for 200 I-140's filed around December 20th, 2004.

The results show 7 approvals, 12 RFE, 2 transferred and 1 other.

Anyone know on what criteria these 20 cases were picked for earlier processing.

Hi Rarebell
Do you know how your friend scan all 200 numbers! Thanks

This would be good news, even for the RFEs. I hope they get my case soon -- I485 RD 12/23/04

A few weeks ago, my laywer told me that they have seen rapid approvals for RFE cases --- like 2-3 wks after the response has been received.

rarebell said:
hi guys

The dates always seem to be a little bit ahead of reality :)

It took us about 2 weeks longer than what we expected based on processing dates for EAD and AP. (RD : 1/3, ND: 1/18, AP AD: 3/8 EAD AD : 3/16). The processing dates were showing 1/24 for both EAD and AP in the first week of March.

2nd_try said:
The csc dates have been updated to 7/2/05 for AP & EAD. my rd/nd are both before that, but have received no email from USCIS, is there any other member of this clan?

2nd_try
--------------------------------------------------------------
LCA/I140 AD July 2001.
Laid off and rehired, Company got acquired
I140 amendment(tax id) RD 1/28/05, ND 2/14/05
I485/EAD/AP RD 1/28/05, ND 2/1/05 LUD 03/15/05 (spouse LUD 3/11/05)
biometric/FP notice 2/17/05 (scheduled 3/18/05), actual 3/5/05

What is transferred ?

rarebell said:
hi guys

Thats a positive news.

Does any one know in what occasions I-140 cases are transferred?

Here is my situation. I am currently working at my company's Massachusetts office. My I-140 and 485 are filed from CSC as our corporate headquarters is in bay area. I am using a substitute labor which was filed in california.

In this case will my I-140 be transferred to VSC?

Thanks

dec3005 said:
No not yet, I have not received the RFE letter yet (or will the attorney get it??). We did receive the AP approval letters for dependents.
The AP RFE was for photos (there was reflection)

My wife got second FP, but I didn't

purplehazea said:
My wife got a second FP notice with the "biometrics" wording that many of the people here have referred to. The notice was issued on Feb 17; whereas her FP took place on Feb 15. I visited the INS service center on Saturday(in advance before my appointment in march) and showed the "second" notice to the officer. The officer said that it had been issued in error. Further she checked the records and told me that FBI had approved my wife's fingerprints (she wrote down a control number as evidence).

I contacted my lawyer who asked me to confirm this at the 1800 number specified on the notice. I called the INS number and they too said that my wife does not need to go the second time. I specifically asked them whether biometrics refers to eye-scan or any other procedure. I was told that it still refers to fingerprinting.

I hope this helps all those who received the second notice for FP.

Hi purplehazea,

I have the same situation. My wife got second FP Biometrics, but, I didn't.

I was actually worried that I did not get the second one, because, someone told me that the photo and index finger is to AVOID stamping when I-485 gets approved (isn't it too ambitious to think like this?). I was worried that mine got missed in the mail. There was no special email for this second FP either. I called NSC, they said "you are fine". They also said that my wife got it because her first FP didn't go through well (there was status update for both the FPs for her). Someone else said it is for the EAD (but, the receipt number on FP Biometrics notice actually belonged to I-485 and not EAD).

:confused: I was not getting right answers from anyone. But, your experience has cleared some air and is comforting. Thanks for the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GC Timeline

=================
CSC - EB3 - India
=================

Labor (No RIR)
==============
Jun-20-01 : RD
Sep-01-03 : AD

I-140 (Non-Concurrent)
======================
Sep-08-03 : RD
Oct-15-04 : AD

EAD
===
Jan-11-05 : RD
Mar-03-05 : AD
Apr-01-05 : Second Approval
Apr-04-06 : Third approval

AP
==
Jan-11-05 : RD
Mar-11-05 : AD
Apr-01-05 : Second Approval
Apr-04-06 : Third approval

I-485
=====
Dec-30-04 : RD
Jan-11-05 : ND
Feb-17-05 : FingerPrinting
Oct-18-05 : Biometrics Code 2
Apr-04-07 : Transfer from CA to Nebraska
Apr-14-07 : Fingerprinting again

Hi,
Today I had an LUD on Advance Parole application.
It says
On March 28, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed.

My I-140 and EAD is already approved.
I hope this does not affect my I-485.

need help

hi guys,

i work in connecticut state and company is in california. so i filed my case in csc and got fp notice saying that fp has to be done at oakland office in california. but we are planning to go to hartford office in connecticut before apr 7th as this date is orginal date of appointment on our fp notice. any ideas from u guys who have done with fp will be helpful.

i asked my lawyer and he told that try at hartford. but he told that the case may transfer to vsc. i am worried about that. and while submitting my application i gave california addresss as my perminant address and connecticut address as temporary present addresss( in 485 applications). any ideas or suggestions will be greately appreciated.

and one more question is who will get the fp notice. in my case only my attorney got the fp notice. on that notice also it says my name and care of attorney's address.my attorney office also in california.

thanks in advance,
gcwait2005

May sound common sensical!

I would pick up the phone and call the 1800 number provided on your FP notice. Give the CS rep full information about your case. You should receive appropriate advice.

case transfer??

gcwait2005 said:
hi guys,

i work in connecticut state and company is in california. so i filed my case in csc and got fp notice saying that fp has to be done at oakland office in california. but we are planning to go to hartford office in connecticut before apr 7th as this date is orginal date of appointment on our fp notice. any ideas from u guys who have done with fp will be helpful.

i asked my lawyer and he told that try at hartford. but he told that the case may transfer to vsc. i am worried about that. and while submitting my application i gave california addresss as my perminant address and connecticut address as temporary present addresss( in 485 applications). any ideas or suggestions will be greately appreciated.

and one more question is who will get the fp notice. in my case only my attorney got the fp notice. on that notice also it says my name and care of attorney's address.my attorney office also in california.

thanks in advance,
gcwait2005

Hi gcwait2005,
I am in similar situation. I have my cases filed in CSC but work in NJ.
I got my FP notice to my earlier Wisconsin address.
Went to NJ INS and got it done without any problems.
Now I got my AP and EAD approved from CSC.
Atleast in my case it was not transferred to VSC.
Hope this helps.

thanks jolly_fellow

hi jolly_fellow,

we are going tomorrow morning to try our luck. we are hoping for the best based on ur case. let us see what happens.

thanks for sharing,
gcwait2005

jolly_fellow said:
Hi gcwait2005,
I am in similar situation. I have my cases filed in CSC but work in NJ.
I got my FP notice to my earlier Wisconsin address.
Went to NJ INS and got it done without any problems.
Now I got my AP and EAD approved from CSC.
Atleast in my case it was not transferred to VSC.
Hope this helps.

Question on Originals for RFE

I just got to know from my HR that INS requested my original degree certificates for verification.However I was told that they requested this through phone.
Is it possible that this kind of information could be requested over phone?
Please let me know!

EAD/AP/140/485: RD 12/30/04
RFE on 140 received

kayjay said:
I just got to know from my HR that INS requested my original degree certificates for verification.However I was told that they requested this through phone.
Is it possible that this kind of information could be requested over phone?
Please let me know!

EAD/AP/140/485: RD 12/30/04
RFE on 140 received
You will eventually get one by mail also. It may be wise to wait for the RFE and quote the reference number in the RFE reply.
INS seems to be processing cases faster now a days

Dod u get your EAD/AP approved??

RFE copy sent

140_485 said:
You will eventually get one by mail also. It may be wise to wait for the RFE and quote the reference number in the RFE reply.
INS seems to be processing cases faster now a days

Dod u get your EAD/AP approved??

I received an RFE copy and it states I send an original or school certified copies.I called up USCIS and enquired if I should really be sending the originals.They mentioned that I could send just the copies.However my company is insisting I send the originals.Im not for it as I am aware that it wont be returned.Im not sure how to proceed on this!

My EAD/AP is on hold due to this RFE.

similar situation

kayjay said:
I received an RFE copy and it states I send an original or school certified copies.I called up USCIS and enquired if I should really be sending the originals.They mentioned that I could send just the copies.However my company is insisting I send the originals.Im not for it as I am aware that it wont be returned.Im not sure how to proceed on this!

My EAD/AP is on hold due to this RFE.

I have similar situation. I got RFE for 140 on 25th march for W2s and something that my lawyers will not disclose.

The lawyer is yet to respond to the RFE, could that be holding up my EAD/AP as well?

2nd_try
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LCA/I140 AD July 2001.
Laid off and rehired, Company got acquired.
I140 amendment(tax id) RD 1/28/05, ND 2/14/05 LUD 03/25/05 [for RFE]

2nd_try said:
I have similar situation. I got RFE for 140 on 25th march for W2s and something that my lawyers will not disclose.

The lawyer is yet to respond to the RFE, could that be holding up my EAD/AP as well?

2nd_try
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LCA/I140 AD July 2001.
Laid off and rehired, Company got acquired.
I140 amendment(tax id) RD 1/28/05, ND 2/14/05 LUD 03/25/05 [for RFE]

After 90 days from the receipt date, you can go to your local INS office and get a temporary EAD.If they give it, then they are not holding your EAD/AP.On the other side, if they dont give it, then they are holding until they receive a response.The latter situation happened to me.

A

LUD yesterday

I just checked my case status and found that there was an LUD on my 485 (only) yesterday...but no message change. I wonder why ??? Haven't been called for biometrics either but finished a 1st FP earlier.
PS: One of my friends who had her RD as Oct12th 2004 gother 485 approved yesterday. I do not know any other details about her. We work for a big (hardware) company in the bay area... So the processing dates may have some truth in it !