I-134 or I-864?

experiment

Registered Users (C)
I-134 or I-864? Which form is needed if filling for my wife? We both are H1B now. My I-140 is EB2, NIW.

Many thanks.

Ginnu,

Is the affidavit of support needed in an employment based situation? My wife is on H4 and we're applying for AOS now (140-EB2-based). Our lawyer asked us to get a bank statement but nothing about an affidavit.

Also the I-485 instructions mention I-864 and that too only for some cases (e.g. family based, eb if intending immigrant has ownership in the sponsoring company). There is no mention of I-134 in there.

Would appreciate further clarification

Thanks,

Ginnu,

Is the affidavit of support needed in an employment based situation? My wife is on H4 and we're applying for AOS now (140-EB2-based). Our lawyer asked us to get a bank statement but nothing about an affidavit.
------------- Lawyer may take your signature on form I-134 and he may have notary in his office. bank statement is not enough
Also the I-485 instructions mention I-864 and that too only for some cases (e.g. family based, eb if intending immigrant has ownership in the sponsoring company). There is no mention of I-134 in there.
----------------one has to send I-134 if filing I-485 of derviative (your wife is on H4 and her I-485 is dervative) For more info ask your lawyer why he/she is not going to submit the form I-134
Would appreciate further clarification

Thanks,

--------------