• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134 for H1-B holder

DvWinner09

Registered Users (C)
Some says I-134 is not needed for H1B holder with a job offer, some says it is required. Does any one has explanation to it...as to why it is required or not required?

Thanks.

Some says I-134 is not needed for H1B holder with a job offer, some says it is required. Does any one has explanation to it...as to why it is required or not required?

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no strict rule. It all depends on the officer that interviews you. For us and a lot of others from the DV2008 thread, nothing other than the passport was asked. We had taken employment letters and I filled in my own I-134 (although my AOS was still pending). If you can get a I134 from somebody get it. If not, atleast have your employment letter showing you have sufficient income to support your family and above the poverty line.

you can't write your own I-134. The affidavit serves as a proof that if YOU become a public charge, your SPONSOR will be responsible for repaying all of the public benefits you received.
If you are your own sponsor, that can't be done.