I-131-RTD / Time Processing

It a complete disregard to people's lives. Had they made the stupid and useless document valid for 5 years, and then there would not be such a long wait and thus the need to raise fees and hire more incompetent employees. I have been to the local INS offices several time through the info pass, most of the clowns behind the desk wearing the INS badge knew little or nothing abut immigration laws and regulations.

I cannot wait for the day I become a citizen, then hopefully I can make it to the senate or the house where I plan to put an end to this joke! Many will lose their jobs.

I just need you guys to vote for me :D

The Canadians issue RTDs for five years. Their system is working pretty darn well. One difference is that over there noncitizen travel documents are handled by the same agency that issues passports to Canadians. Perhaps our treatment would be better if the Passport Agency of the State Department took over the processing of our travel documents. The PA has a much better track record--they had a meltdown this past summer but you could excuse that as an one time aberration caused by an huge influx of new applications. It is in the DNA of the USCIS to always get behind in processing cases. They are hopeless. I do not know how in the world the USCIS can cope with its workload if and when Congress passes an amnesty (12 million new applications).

When I applied for my last RP I had to use my USCIS contacts to avoid missing my trip. I felt a bit guilty about doing this. Most people I realize do not have this advantage.

it makes me sick that RTD process takes about 6 to 8 months. they should be sued on this. I applied in JULY and I don't know when in the world I will get mine cos I intend to travel next month. they can increase the fees to double and they are slowing the process down? there is no excuse. just like the NGAWANIYA lawsuit regarding asylum green card process, we should file a new lawsuit regarding the extremely long waits.

it makes me sick that RTD process takes about 6 to 8 months. they should be sued on this. I applied in JULY and I don't know when in the world I will get mine cos I intend to travel next month. they can increase the fees to double and they are slowing the process down? there is no excuse. just like the NGAWANIYA lawsuit regarding asylum green card process, we should file a new lawsuit regarding the extremely long waits.

Not a bad idea. We shoudl flood AILF with email messages suggesting this.

I applied for mine in late July 07.

I have already canceled a trip to Central America and I'm preparing to cancel another one.

This will be the last RP before I am elegible for citizenship. I can't wait for that day.

I applied for mine in late July 07.

I have already canceled a trip to Central America and I'm preparing to cancel another one.

This will be the last RP before I am elegible for citizenship. I can't wait for that day.

I hear all of you. In fact, I have had plans to travel overseas several times but due to the long wait for RTDs, I have pretty much given up on the idea of going anywhere that requires me travel with a RTD until I become a USC. I may still apply for my last one as I am eligible to apply for US citizenship in May of 09.

This RP delay is unbelievable, most of us will be applying for US Citizenship in 08 & 09, lets see how big of a delay that will be. Because those of us who file for GC in 1999 & 2000 have to wait five yrs to get their cases processed, due to large number of backlog. Now that same large number is ready to file for USC. What do you guys think?

the only wait to get the USCIS working properly and honestly is to sue them, they are corrupt and careless about innocent immigrants waiting too long. they jack up the fees so they have special responsibility for them to process RTD and other process much faster.

they are lameduck!