I-131 Finger Print Timeline for Normal and "EXPEDITE" Request

Alien Labour

Registered Users (C)
Any recent experience of people who are Green Card holders and applied for I-131/Re-entry permit.
Within how many days of getting the receipt notice got your finger prints please share your experiences.

Date Applied (normal request): 5/10
Date Recd by USCIS: 5/12
Check encashed on: 5/21
USNIS Notice Date: 5/21
Call INS to Open service request 6/24
Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received (mm/dd/yy) waitiing
Biometrics /FP Appointment date: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied on 17th Jun

Applied on 17th Jun to po box dallas addr with "Expedite" written on top of envelop. Is there any other way of expediting?
Any one please advise.
Thanks.

Spouse applied on 19th June with Expedite to Phoenix lockbox. Received in Phoenix on 21st June. We sent Money Order so won't know if they cashed it or not. We are waiting on SMS or Email. Reason for Expedite = USCIS Error.

Applied on 17th Jun to po box dallas addr with "Expedite" written on top of envelop. Is there any other way of expediting?
Any one please advise.
Thanks.

how did you expedite?

Spouse applied on 19th June with Expedite to Phoenix lockbox. Received in Phoenix on 21st June. We sent Money Order so won't know if they cashed it or not. We are waiting on SMS or Email. Reason for Expedite = USCIS Error.

Did u write on top of envelope "Expedite" or some other method?

HumHongeKamyab, Thank you for the update. Even after you did Expedite

top of envelope. also inside i put in a sheet of paper with 'expedite' on it. and a page explaining the reason for expedite.

the finger print notice came after one month?
How long it takes for normal processing ?

the finger print notice came after one month?
How long it takes for normal processing ?

I did for normal processing, it's been 50 days waiting for the notice and dont know how long more will it take. I think cases are different, some people here take about a month, some (like me) take more and probably some take forever (hope this not apply to my case)

Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received (mm/dd/yy) waitiing
Biometrics /FP Appointment date: N/A

Expedite is for my spouse's case. I have not even got a receipt for her. Her dates are:

Mailed 6/19
Phoenix received on 6/21
Sent Money Order, so do not know whether check is cashed or not.

Did you get a receipt on your case or was your check cashed or did u get an email or sms. In any case we are leaving on 7/21. She may come back for FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just learning this whole process....Does it really matter about the fingerprinting? What I mean is..Can't you just apply for it (RE permit) and then leave (if you are travelling close enough out of US) and come back for the prints? Is your concern b/c you really don't plan to return for a while once you get printed and trying to do it before you leave?

Thanks.

I understand...our case I guess we are lucky as the flight is just 2-3 hours...Thanks..Hope u get it soon..
Too bad they don't let you just do it at the embassy when you get there since you applied...

Got FP notice today 7/3, appointment date : 7/22

Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received: 7/3
Biometrics /FP Appointment date: 7/22

There are applications which have normal and expedite service like H visa, some I140 categories, beside others. I131 has only one kind of application with No expedite service for that kind of application. Some send requests for expedite and wrote expedite on the top, bottom or any where in the envelope, others open case with local office, others keep calling ........etc. I do not think all that has anything to do with the processing of application and the time to receive FP appointment, approval or denial is hugely variable from case to case based on non logic criteria which could be predicted. If me, I will arrange my departure according to my circumstances in US and according to what I am going to do overseas not on other’s time frame for their applications.